Which version of MS SQL Server should I use?

1 view

Anders Eriksson

Oct 9, 2011, 6:23:27 AM10/9/11
I program in C# (VS2010 Pro) and some of our customers have MS Sql Server
(various versions) which I have to connect (Read & Write) to.

There are numerous versions of MS Sql Server, which should I use?

I will only use the database for testing so I'm thinking maybe MS Sql
Express will do?

So, are there any problems with using the Express version?

// Anders

Erland Sommarskog

Oct 9, 2011, 11:30:25 AM10/9/11
It depends on what feature you need to work with. Some features are only
available in higher editions. But you could start with Express and upgrade
late if needed.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se

Links for SQL Server Books Online: