Access is Denied Error #5

iccsi

Apr 6, 2011, 1:03:46 PM4/6/11
I tried to connect my SQL server, but I got Access is Denied Error #5
using SQL server 2000. Is it that server admin does not give me the
rights or other issue?

I am able to connect other server, but this one got error message,

Your help is great apprecitaed,

Erland Sommarskog

Apr 6, 2011, 6:01:29 PM4/6/11
iccsi (inu...@gmail.com) writes:
> I tried to connect my SQL server, but I got Access is Denied Error #5
> using SQL server 2000. Is it that server admin does not give me the
> rights or other issue?
>
> I am able to connect other server, but this one got error message,

Could you post the full error message, and also please tell me from where
you are connecting?

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

iccsi

Apr 7, 2011, 10:01:40 AM4/7/11
Thanks for helping,
I got connection when I use SA user name and password,
Thanks agian, it was user rights issue.

stevenkor

Jul 21, 2013, 2:13:33 PM7/21/13
I highly recommend "Long Path Tool" useful in situations where you
see these error
messages: Cannot read from source file or disk, there has been a sharing
violation, cannot delete file or folder, the file name you specified is not
valid or too long, the source or destination file may be in use and many other
file managing errors that you encounter in your computing use.