Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM - Express with Management Tools quit working

sparks

Sep 21, 2012, 12:45:18 PM9/21/12
I was running this and yes it says free and registered thru work.
after 3 months l get a pop up saying evaluation period has ended.
by everyone I have talked to there should not be an evaluation period and one person said my registry is screwed up.

Is there a fix for this. Is there a way to get my databases off the system?
Can I reinstall over this and keep everything ?

thanks for any help with this

Gene Wirchenko

Sep 21, 2012, 1:23:30 PM9/21/12
What version of SQL Server are you using? 2012 is out. I use
2008 Express R2 myself. RTM for 2008 is years ago.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

sparks

Sep 21, 2012, 1:36:17 PM9/21/12
this is what I am using

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/threads

I dl it and it installed and worked great.
I shutdown the database last week because of other things I was working on.
I tried to open the management studio this morning and Evaluation period has ended.
I thought ok I forgot to start the server. I tried that and it errored out.
I checked the event logs and it says evaluation period has expired.

Erland Sommarskog

Sep 21, 2012, 3:47:32 PM9/21/12
sparks (spa...@home.com) writes:
> this is what I am using
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/threads
>
> I dl it and it installed and worked great. I shutdown the database last
> week because of other things I was working on.
> I tried to open the management studio this morning and Evaluation period
> has ended.
> I thought ok I forgot to start the server. I tried that and it errored
> out.
> I checked the event logs and it says evaluation period has expired.

In C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\ (or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server

there are one or more folders whose name that starts with MSSQL. In
each of these folders there may be a file MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG. Can
you post the first few lines of this/these file(s), as in the sample
below:

2012-09-16 21:40:19.02 Server Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.5000.00
(X64)
Dec 10 2010 10:38:40
Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation
Developer Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se

Links for SQL Server Books Online: