SQL Server auditing method

Richard Jenson

May 30, 2013, 6:37:47 AM5/30/13
Hi Guys,

I am in search of method which generates the report on the CREATE, ALTER, DROP operation performed on the SQL Server and Database objects. I also want to get the real time alerts and scheduled reports of these changes made in SQL Server. Please recommend a tool which is effective in giving the information of such reports.

Erland Sommarskog

May 30, 2013, 5:08:57 PM5/30/13
Which version and edition of SQL Server are you using?

Richard Jenson

Jun 3, 2013, 6:22:24 AM6/3/13
Hi Earland,

Currently I am using SQL version 2008 R2, please help me to solve this issue of mine.

Erland Sommarskog

Jun 3, 2013, 5:00:59 PM6/3/13
Richard Jenson (richard...@gmail.com) writes:
> Currently I am using SQL version 2008 R2, please help me to solve this
> issue of mine.

And which edition? Datacentre? Enterprise? Standard? Workgroup? Express?

tarun pant

Jun 4, 2013, 3:40:29 AM6/4/13

For proper auditing of the activities of SQL Server and Database objects in SQL Server 2008 R2, I can recommend you to try in a utility tool which has the ability to do such tasks excellently. The tool gives the details of who, what, when and where for CREATE,ALTER and DROP operations performed on the SQL Server and Database objects. Generates the real time alerts and scheduled reports of these changes in CSV, HTML and PDF formats. It supports SQL Server 2008 R2 datacenter, enterprise, standard and workgroup editions; and to know more features of the refer to http://www.lepide.com/sql-server-audit/