SQL server licensing

iccsi

Feb 18, 2012, 10:33:42 PM2/18/12
I would like to purchase SQL Server per CAL license.
I would like to know for 5 CAL does it mean that I can only have 5
users to use the server or 5 users same time?
For example, I have 10 users in the department and only 5 users will
be use at same time.
Can I just purchase server per 5 CAL,because I know there will not be
use the server at same time.
Your information is great appreciated,

iccsi

Erland Sommarskog

Feb 19, 2012, 6:59:19 AM2/19/12
Please contact your local Microsoft representative for licensing questions.
This is a technical forum, and licensing questions are a legal matter.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se

Links for SQL Server Books Online: