MSDE 2000 TRAFFIC

Trevor Rutter

Mar 17, 2010, 8:56:01 AM3/17/10
We have upgraded a number of clients which receive data from a clustered SQL
server 7 system via transactional replication from MSDE 1 to MSDE 2000

The problem is these clients are connected over ISDN dial up lines and since
the upgrade we have noted a significant increase in network traffic. The
remote client seems to be trying to talk to the SQL server 7 system
approximatley every 5 minutes. Is anyone aware of any in build keep alive
timers which need to be configured or is there some other configuration
required following the change