Is it possible to replicate db with SQL Express Only?

Gigi

Jul 10, 2007, 10:20:43 PM7/10/07
To all SQL guru

I understand MS SQL Express can only "subscribe" which means u need Full
version of MS SQL to do the "publication" .

Is there any other way to do some sort of replication without the full MS
SQL?

Cheers
Gigi

Andrea Montanari

Jul 11, 2007, 6:34:48 AM7/11/07
hi Gigi,

AFAIK, actually not... you could "write your own" code to perform a "poor's
man log shipping" solution, like
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/viewscript.asp?scriptid=1742 or the
like...but still it's a "poor's man" solution..
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://italy.mvps.org

William (Bill) Vaughn

Jul 11, 2007, 12:00:38 PM7/11/07
Yes. ADO.NET 3.0 Synchronization Services (in Beta now) due to ship early
next year.

--
William (Bill) Vaughn

"Gigi" <gigi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Mike Shilov

Feb 24, 2011, 1:15:07 PM2/24/11
What you want can be called "poor man's replication" and "SQLBackupAndFTP" + "One-Click SQL Restore" are exactly the programs to do it. For less than three databases you can automate this process absolutely free. Look here: http://sqlbackupandftp.com/forum/yaf_postsm907_Is-this-tool-for-me.aspx#post907