JDBC 1.2 client against SQL 2005 JDBC 2.0 server?

OliverU

Oct 16, 2009, 4:11:01 PM10/16/09
We need to the server-side of this driver by running xa_install.sql. The
client app running on WebSphere (on an app server) will be using version 1.2
of the JDBC driver. Is it safe to install the 2.0 version on the database
server, or should we stick to version 1.2 on the database server?

thanks,
Oliver

Mugunthan Mugundan[MSFT]

Oct 20, 2009, 4:58:04 PM10/20/09
Ideally you should match the client and server versions. Is there a
particular reason you want to put the 2.0 dll on the server?