RDP session getting disconnected when we moving resources on Windows Clusters, Why & How to fix it?

Cherry

Jul 14, 2010, 1:48:59 PM7/14/10
RDP session getting disconnected when we moving resources on Windows
Clusters, Why & How to fix it?

Lets talk about this scenario here.

1. When you configure a cluster for an application like SQL,DNS,DHCP
etc you need to configure the resources and their dependencies as
well.

2. What are the minimum requirements to run a cluster?

Disks (Shared – So SAN Preferable – Should be accessible to all
hosts)

IP Addresses (For applications/services to run properly)

Services (SQL, DNS, DHCP etc)

3. So using these resources we will configure a service/application in
a clustered environment to give the continuous access to clients (In
other words for the continuity of Business).

read full article @ http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/rdp-session-getting-disconnected-when.html

Mohit K. Gupta

Aug 16, 2010, 12:46:03 PM8/16/10
If you are connecting to the cluster using the CLUSTER NAME you should get a
disconnect because the DNS entries are being updated and you are being
re-pointed from current node to passive node.

However it should automatically reconnect after a few seconds, if it is not
check to to make sure DNS entries are being updated; check SQL Logs to see if
you have "Cluster name resource failed registration in DNS".

Please reference
http://sqllearnings.blogspot.com/2009/05/cluster-name-resource-failed.html,
to fix issue.

--