Network Name in Clustering?

Shiju Samuel

Mar 7, 2011, 1:25:45 AM3/7/11

As I am New to SQL Clustering I have a very basic question -

When I install a windows 2003 cluster the [new cluster wizard] asks for a cluster name and finishing the wizard. I can see this cluster name is added as a Network Name in the Cluster Group along with the quorum resource.

Now, when I install sql server Should I be giving this cluster name as virtual name during the cluster set-up or a new name?

Thanks Shiju