Howto use ISpeechMemoryStream

Ralf Jänike

Feb 23, 2004, 9:27:41 AM2/23/04
Hello everybody,

I've found a lot of postings where is described howto direct the
Speak-Output to Memory (using ISpeachMemoryStream), but i didn't find
something howto access the data while or after speaking and how to process
the data I've read from memory. (except give it the SR, but where is the
meaning to convert text to speech to text???)

My intention of asking is, to create a tts-application that converts text to
speech and this speech should be broadcasted over telephone-networks to
someones ear.

I also tried to convert it to file first but the speech-engine i'm using is
very to slow (need's same time to convert to wav as to hear it on
sounddevice). Accessing the wave file while speaking is prohibited by sapi.

--> So: how do i access and process the data from memory buffer?

CU Ralf

Alexander Nickolov

Feb 23, 2004, 1:31:24 PM2/23/04
If you are going to use TAPI, why don't you forward the speech
live on the line?

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

Ralf Jänike

Feb 24, 2004, 3:06:45 AM2/24/04
I'm NOT using TAPI

"Alexander Nickolov" <agnic...@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Alexander Nickolov

Feb 24, 2004, 12:31:27 PM2/24/04
Well, you mentioned telephony and real-time. It makes much
more sense to broadcast live than waiting live IMHO...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD
email: agnic...@mvps.org
MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Ralf Jänike

Feb 25, 2004, 4:08:30 AM2/25/04
Hey Alex,
yeah, your'e right, i don't want the user have to wait. I want to broadcast
the stream live
BUT: i don't know how to access an process the data (see initial posting) ?

So, it would be very kind if you would answer my question

bye Ralf

"Alexander Nickolov" <agnic...@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Alexander Nickolov

Feb 25, 2004, 1:09:23 PM2/25/04
Based on your previous post, I assume you use a third-party
telephony framework (Dialogic perhaps?). What you need to
do is implement an audio object that talks directly with that
framework so the audio data goes diretly on the phone line.
The SAPI SDK docs provide sufficient information on how to
implement an audio object. You need to implement ISpAudio.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD
email: agnic...@mvps.org
MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Dave Wood [MS]

Feb 27, 2004, 9:12:36 PM2/27/04
You can pull all the data out of an ISpeechMemoryStream with the GetData
method. But you may want to consider implementing you own audio object that
implements ISpStreamFormat or ISpAudio.

"Alexander Nickolov" <agnic...@mvps.org> wrote in message