How to download Microsoft Speech API (SAPI) 5.4 sdk?

shu....@hotmail.com

Feb 23, 2010, 5:21:49 AM2/23/10

Esmond@discussions.microsoft.com Richard Esmond

Mar 24, 2010, 4:45:01 AM3/24/10
Well, unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. But I hoped if
I asked as well then maybe we would both get an answer.

Many months ago I downloaded the SAPI 5.3 developer kit, but I don't remeber
where exactly I wound up running across that one.

But another question that I was whether the Speech enhancements that were in
Vista SP2 have anything to do with the difference between 5.3 and 5.4. If I
understand it correctly SP2 was necessary to support some new changes having
to do with 'Topics'... but it could have been move involved than that.

It does seem that the Speech engine has gone a while without major
enhancement, so hopefully we will see something new come down the road here
soon. I know that Nuance / Dragon has been dramatically improving their
platform (quad-phones, etc) so I am hoping that Microsoft will be keeping
pace.

Has anyone heard anything about a 5.5 or 6.0 version comming along? I would
sure love to be involved in a Developer Beta!

jack wilkinson

Mar 28, 2010, 5:34:32 PM3/28/10
goto microsoft download center and type in the software you need in the
search bar
hope this helps
"Richard Esmond" <Richard Esm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

klausj...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2018, 4:58:54 PM12/11/18
Has anyone ever seen a download for the Microsoft SAPI 5.4? Some said that it was built into the Windows 7 platform SDK, but when checking, most of the SAPI SDK has been taken out...