A/P Bank Reconciliation Issue

KevinP

Feb 23, 2010, 1:56:40 PM2/23/10
We have an issue on our Accounts Payable “Check Reconciliation-
Standard’ Report. Our A/P department voided some checks incorrectly. I
cannot create exactly what steps were taken. Apparently, three void
checks were processed for three checks that were never posted in A/P.
These three voided checks were supplied with three dollar amounts. The
Check Register Report simply shows the three Voided Checks as zero
dollars with Check Type “VC”. There is no evidence of three void
checks under the Vendor Maintenance Screens 3.270.00 when we select
all documents. We have verified the outstanding vendor balances are
correct in the system.

However, these three voided checks with associated negative dollar
amounts appear as “VC” on our “Check Reconciliation-Standard Report”.
There is no evidence whatsoever of these amounts posting in A/P,
except on this report.

We use Microsoft Dynamics SL Version 6.5. From a user standpoint, what
are my options to correct? Is it possible something is hung up in the
A/P system?
Any direction is most appreciated!

Laura Barber

Feb 23, 2010, 4:11:02 PM2/23/10
Hi Kevin,
They could have been voided at check printing time, which could explain why
there is no corresponding CK or HC document. The checks were printed but
never kept.

This doesn't explain why they are negative on the Check Reconciliation; I'd
expect them to be $0 there too.

I do see some articles that pertain to defects in Check Reconciliation
report, but they are for older versions of Dynamics SL. Is your report
customized? Do you see 0370xxx.rpt in the Solomon\Usr_rpts folder? if so,
try renaming that file and see if the standard report looks any different.
--
Laura Barber

<If I have helped you in some way, please click ''''''''Yes'''''''' to rate
the post. Thanks!>

"KevinP" wrote:

> .

KevinP

Feb 23, 2010, 5:07:54 PM2/23/10

Hi Laura -

There is not a 0370xxx report in the Solomon/User Report folder. We
have 8 reports that are 036xxx.reports. When we generate the Bank
Reconciliation - Standard Report the report name is 03710.rpt. Any
suggestions with this information??? Thanks so much!

Kevin

Laura Barber

Feb 26, 2010, 12:34:03 PM2/26/10
Hi Kevin,
So we know your report is not customized.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with your AP system or the
records themselves, though it is difficult to be 100% sure without looking at
them.

Void Checks which have no corresponding CK document should not impact the
oustanding totals on this report. You may wish to contact Microsoft.
--
Laura Barber

"KevinP" wrote:

> On Feb 23, 4:11 pm, Laura Barber <laura-at-progsys-dot-net> wrote:
> > Hi Kevin,
> > They could have been voided at check printing time, which could explain why
> > there is no corresponding CK or HC document. The checks were printed but
> > never kept.
> >
> > This doesn't explain why they are negative on the Check Reconciliation; I'd
> > expect them to be $0 there too.
> >
> > I do see some articles that pertain to defects in Check Reconciliation
> > report, but they are for older versions of Dynamics SL. Is your report
> > customized? Do you see 0370xxx.rpt in the Solomon\Usr_rpts folder? if so,

> > try renaming that file and see if the standard report looks any different..

> .

Teri Knecht

Nov 9, 2010, 1:55:05 PM11/9/10
I just confirmed with Microsoft the following:

Scope: A voided check is showing with a negative balance on the Check Reconciliation report.

Variables: 6.5 sp3

Assessment: Is this report in the AP module or in the Cash Manager module?

For the AP Reconciliation report we have bug 7213 which says:

Checks voided at update time show on check reconciliation as negative.

This is still an issue in 7.0 fp1.

No hot fix as of yet.

> On Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:56 PM KevinP wrote:

> We have an issue on our Accounts Payable =93Check Reconciliation-
> Standard=92 Report. Our A/P department voided some checks incorrectly. I

> cannot create exactly what steps were taken. Apparently, three void
> checks were processed for three checks that were never posted in A/P.
> These three voided checks were supplied with three dollar amounts. The
> Check Register Report simply shows the three Voided Checks as zero

> dollars with Check Type =93VC=94. There is no evidence of three void

> checks under the Vendor Maintenance Screens 3.270.00 when we select
> all documents. We have verified the outstanding vendor balances are
> correct in the system.
>
> However, these three voided checks with associated negative dollar

> amounts appear as =93VC=94 on our =93Check Reconciliation-Standard Report=
> =94.

> There is no evidence whatsoever of these amounts posting in A/P,
> except on this report.
>
> We use Microsoft Dynamics SL Version 6.5. From a user standpoint, what
> are my options to correct? Is it possible something is hung up in the
> A/P system?
> Any direction is most appreciated!

>> On Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:11 PM Laura Barber wrote:

>> Hi Kevin,
>> They could have been voided at check printing time, which could explain why
>> there is no corresponding CK or HC document. The checks were printed but
>> never kept.
>>

>> This does not explain why they are negative on the Check Reconciliation; I'd

>> expect them to be $0 there too.
>>
>> I do see some articles that pertain to defects in Check Reconciliation
>> report, but they are for older versions of Dynamics SL. Is your report
>> customized? Do you see 0370xxx.rpt in the Solomon\Usr_rpts folder? if so,
>> try renaming that file and see if the standard report looks any different.

>> --
>> Laura Barber
>>
>> <If I have helped you in some way, please click ''''''''Yes'''''''' to rate
>> the post. Thanks!>
>>

>> "KevinP" wrote:

>>> On Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:07 PM KevinP wrote:

>>> hy
>>> ut
>>> 'd
>>> if so,