Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Run a copy of the same database with a new DB name in Solomon 5.5

150 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Nigel Glasgow

da leggere,
12 dic 2005, 22:16:4612/12/05
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to run a copy of the same DB on the same server
with a different name.
Please hellp since we want to test some outputs and customisations with our
current data from our live DB.

Thanks.
Nigbev.

Sos

da leggere,
12 dic 2005, 23:39:0312/12/05
Create a new system and app database. Restore this databases from the back up
of your live database.

Run the following script.

USE
SIVDevSystem -- The new restored database.

UPDATE
Company
SET
DatabaseName = 'SIVDevApp', -- Point to restored application database name.
CpnyName = 'Test Company' -- Company name - displays in file menu and on
reports.
WHERE
CpnyID = '0100'

SELECT -- Check update.
CpnyID,
DataBaseName,
CpnyName
FROM
Company

UPDATE
Domain
SET
-- ServerName = ServerName, -- Only if restored to different sever.
DatabaseName = 'SIVDevApp' -- Point to restored application database name.
WHERE
DatabaseName = 'SIVHTGApp'

SELECT -- Check update.
DatabaseName,
ServerName
FROM
Domain
WHERE
DatabaseName = 'SIVDevApp'

Once that's done you log into Solomon using the test database and do your
necessary tests without fearing corrupting live data.

Cheers,
Sos

Rohtash Kapoor

da leggere,
13 dic 2005, 00:39:5613/12/05
.........and the last step is to UPDATE VIEWS in Database Maintenance.

---
Rohtash Kapoor
http://www.microsoftdynamicsforums.com

"Sos" <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

NAG

da leggere,
13 dic 2005, 00:17:5913/12/05
Thanks a million for guidance.
Will update you on progress in 24 hrs

"Rohtash Kapoor" <rohtash...@microsoftdynamicsforums.com> wrote in
message news:%23%23kdne6$FHA...@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

Amy Junkins [MSFT]

da leggere,
13 dic 2005, 09:51:3213/12/05
Nigel,
The instructions are similar to what is published in the following
Knowledge Base article:

847681- Restore Solomon databases for testing or archive purposes
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;847681

Kind Regards,
Amy Junkins
Microsoft Online Support

Certified Master – Solomon Applications
Certified Professional – Solomon Installation and Configuration

0 nuovi messaggi