Error when changing system database

Skip to the first unread message

mbsmith

26 Mar 2008, 15:16:0126/03/2008
We have a few different databases running on one server for Solomon 6.0. We
can login to the "default" one we use most of the time with no problem. But,
on the login screen, if we click on the "System Database" button, and select
another database, it returns System Message 9827.

It appeared that on all of the companys that we could access, the
"CD735xxx770" user had permission on that database, but didn't have
permissions on the companies we couldn't access. I tried the "Sychronize All
Ownership & Security Update Scenario" tool under database maintenance, and
nothing changed.

So, I added that "CD735xxx770" user to a database we couldn't access before.
Now, when trying to switch to that database, it's showing System Message
9826. Anyone have any idea as to how I should proceed? I apologize if I left
any pertinent information out.

Laura Barber

27 Mar 2008, 09:50:0227/03/2008
I have a few questions. What is the name of the other database you are
trying to select?
Are you certain the other database is the same version/has had all the
current upgrades applied to it in Database Maintenance?
What is the text of system message 9827 and 9826?

Thanks,
--
Laura Barber

sujanakaruturi

10 Oct 2008, 12:31:1910/10/2008

I have a problem with Solomon 6.0. We have different databases under the solomon which we access. We have a database which moved into different drive from then we are not able to connect through solomon. I get the system message 9826 the system database has not been updated to solomon 6.0 sp1 or later. Can any one suggest what should and where to do solomon 6.0 update scenario in database maintenance? Thanks in advance

Rohtash Kapoor

12 Oct 2008, 20:33:2712/10/2008
Please take a backup of Solomon Databases before running the Update
Scenario. To run the update scenario, please follow these steps:

1. Open Solomon Database Maintenance (Typical Location: Start--> Program
Files --> Microsoft Dynamics (SL) --> Database Maintenance)

2. In "Connect Server" Tab select your SQL Server name, Login ID and
password and hit Connect.

3. In the "Update Databases" Tab choose your "System Database Name" and
select your Application Database(s). Choose the Update scenario:
"4.1x/4.2x/4.5x/5.x/6.x to 6.0SP1" or something like that. Hit "Update
Database" button.

Rohtash Kapoor
http://www.MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com

<sujana karuturi> wrote in message

Luis Chavez

3 Nov 2010, 13:22:1903/11/2010
You check the table Domain and/or Company of your database sys

> On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:16 PM mbsmit wrote:

> Hi,
> We have a few different databases running on one server for Solomon 6.0. We
> can login to the "default" one we use most of the time with no problem. But,
> on the login screen, if we click on the "System Database" button, and select
> another database, it returns System Message 9827.
>
> It appeared that on all of the companys that we could access, the
> "CD735xxx770" user had permission on that database, but didn't have
> permissions on the companies we couldn't access. I tried the "Sychronize All
> Ownership & Security Update Scenario" tool under database maintenance, and
> nothing changed.
>
> So, I added that "CD735xxx770" user to a database we couldn't access before.
> Now, when trying to switch to that database, it's showing System Message
> 9826. Anyone have any idea as to how I should proceed? I apologize if I left
> any pertinent information out.

>> On Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:50 AM laurab-at-mcrinc-dot-com wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I have a few questions. What is the name of the other database you are
>> trying to select?
>> Are you certain the other database is the same version/has had all the
>> current upgrades applied to it in Database Maintenance?
>> What is the text of system message 9827 and 9826?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Laura Barber
>>

>> "mbsmith" wrote:

>>> On Friday, October 10, 2008 12:31 PM sujana karuturi wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I have a problem with Solomon 6.0. We have different databases under the solomon which we access. We have a database which moved into different drive from then we are not able to connect through solomon. I get the system message 9826 the system database has not been updated to solomon 6.0 sp1 or later. Can any one suggest what should and where to do solomon 6.0 update scenario in database maintenance? Thanks in advance

>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>> Composing WCF applications
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b428fb65-08b4-45c8-97cd-47ee1a1eaf41/composing-wcf-applications.aspx

Luis Chavez

3 Nov 2010, 13:26:5503/11/2010
Your check the tables domain and company of your database sys...