The exit code is 1603, the execution status is FailureNonRetry

GS Warrior

Feb 8, 2007, 5:40:00 PM2/8/07
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for this answer for a while. Hope some1 can get me the answer
or shine some light :).
Lets say you create a package and you run it and it fails and you get an
error:
The exit code is 1603, the execution status is FailureNonRetry
So you find out what is wrong with the package, you fix it or modify it,
resend it to the test client(s) but it fails again. It wont rerun and exexmgr
logs are showing:

Program exit code 1603
Looking for MIF file to get program status
A Matching MIF file MSIRLODV.mif was found
Execution is complete for program Per-System Unattended - test 3. The exit
code is 1603, the execution status is FailureNonRetry

How can i make the package to rerun on same machine again, I tried to
recreate package or program and its giving me same error. If i deploy to
different test workstation runs fine.

thx
GS

Bruno

Feb 9, 2007, 3:45:01 AM2/9/07
Typically this error is an Access Denied error
please try to generate a log to get more information.

Mladen Milunovic

Oct 6, 2010, 6:28:28 AM10/6/10

I had the same problem and when you search web you get description for error 1603 "Fatal error during installation" which says nothing more that we already know.

But if you look under EventViewer/Application and search for errors you should find something like

Product: Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2003 (English) -- The EULA has not been accepted.

I used command msiexec /i vviewer.msi /q

This switch /q make problems because EULA is not accepted.

I hope this will help.

Regards from Serbia.

>> On Friday, February 09, 2007 3:45 AM Brun wrote:

>> Typically this error is an Access Denied error
>> please try to generate a log to get more information.
>>

>> "GS Warrior" wrote:

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>> Mocking WCF Services Using Moq
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b76105f1-f832-4b52-82ba-d5a61d435d81/mocking-wcf-services-using-moq.aspx

Mladen Milunovic

Oct 6, 2010, 6:31:32 AM10/6/10

I got the same problem. If you look under EventViewer/Applications you shod see error message

Product: Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2003 (English) -- The EULA has not been accepted.

I used msiexec.exe /i vviewer.msi /q

This /q (quite) makes problems because EULA is not accepted.

Hope this will help.

Regards form Serbia.