SCCM Requested software cannot be located

g titmus

Apr 25, 2008, 7:50:08 AM4/25/08
When I try to run an advertised program I get an error windo "The requested
software cannot be located".

The CAS log shows

[Software distribution settings are missing form WMI.]log

and it failed to then locate a DP. This is a side-by-side site (CCL) with
my 2003 site (CLA). Push installs work but don't register with CCL until I
manually set them to that site - perhaps these things are related.

Sherry Kissinger [MVP-SMS]

Apr 26, 2008, 7:25:00 AM4/26/08
Sounds like a boundary issue to me. Possible overlapping boundaries, or the
boundary is not defined on CCL.
--
Standarize. Simplify. Automate.

Bin Zhang

Aug 20, 2008, 11:00:02 AM8/20/08
Can you clarify what "CCL" is? I have same issue and have been struggling
with it for weeks.

Thanks a lot

Daniel Hersen

Sep 13, 2010, 4:22:31 AM9/13/10
Thank you for the possible solution, which in my case where dead on. Helped me from many hours of trouble shooting.

//Dani