Arriving HD

1 view

task...@yahoo.com

Mar 14, 2011, 2:29:58 AM3/14/11
Greetings all. It’s nice to be part of such a lively and active
community. I just wanted to spread word about a game that’s been
making my daily commute a lot less painful.

Arriving HD is a unique gravity puzzle game for the iPad developed by
Chlova in conjunction with TaskCity developers. The game revolves
around an unhatched dinosaur egg rolling around a single screen
trying to collect floating energy crystals. Don’t worry, you won’t be
playing for the plot. The way the player moves the egg around is by
drawing objects around the egg to push and guide our egg friend where
we want him to go. Anything you draw becomes a solid object, whether
it’s a box, circle, line or just a doodle. The concept is deceptively
simple, but the game is designed to keep people of all ages
entertained and challenged, particularly the latter in some of the
harder levels.

A free demo was released called Arriving HD Lite. It packs quite a lot
of the game but is still missing a few premium features and levels.
The full game is only $2.99 and it boasts extra levels and more
features. Overall, this is a great time waster well suited for puzzle
genre fans who want something out of the ordinary.

So here’s the score breakdown:

Graphics: Colorful, vibrant and simple. Some games require the Unreal
engine to look good, this isn’t one of them. 4/5

Sound: Nothing special, but then again this is a physics puzzler so
that’s to be expected. 3/5

Controls: The controls are perfectly responsive and will animate your
every desirable action. The only thing that needs improvement is the
guy behind the controls, as I’ll be the first to admit. 5/5

Gameplay: Very addicting and challenging… until it gets to the later
levels. Then it becomes extremely challenging, even frustrating at
times. Still, there’s always a level that you will be able to
complete. 4/5

Overall, a 4/5.