Getting the IE Script Engine on Windows Mobile 5

Steve Block

Nov 12, 2007, 11:33:55 AM11/12/07

I'm trying to access IE's JavaScript engine on Windows Mobile 5.

Here's what I've found so far ...
- The desktop SDK provides IDispatch IHTMLDocument::get_Script(), but
this is not available for WinCE.
- The Windows Mobile 2003 SDK provides IDispatch
IBrowser3::get_script(), but IBrowser3 is deprecated in Windows Mobile
5 & 6.
- The Windows Mobile 5 & 6 SDKs provide IDispatch
IShellFolderViewDual::get_script().

I've found scarcely any documentation on IShellFolderViewDual, but it
seems that this interface is used to represent the document object for
a shell folder view, whereas IHTMLDocument is used to represent the
document for a web page. So when I get the document object from IE's
IWebBrowser2 interface as an IDispatch interface, I can't convert this
to IShellFolderViewDual.

My questions are ...
- Is all of the above correct?
- How can I get a reference to IE's script engine on Windows Mobile 5?
- And why was IBrowser3::get_script() deprecated if there's nothing to
replace it?!

Thanks!
Steve