How to duplicate or copy a SharePoint subsite?

Greg Solomon

Sep 15, 2010, 4:25:42 AM9/15/10
I created a subsite in my SharePoint portal and i have a created a lot
of custom lists and doc lib with many site columns. My question is how
can I duplicate this subsite and perhaps make it a template to be able
to reuse in the future so that I dont need to recreate every lists and
columns?

rogen

Jun 2, 2011, 10:00:38 AM6/2/11

To do this, go to Site Settings and under Site Actions you will see the
option - 'Save site as template'.

Follow this option and you will be given 2 options, 1 to make a template of
your current site WITH all content, or WITHOUT any content (ie. just the
layout without any information pre-populated).

Then, to re-use this template, when you create a new site you will see your
custom site template in the templates section.

I hope this helps.

Keith.

"Greg Solomon" <gsolom...@gmail.com> wrote in message

kc7h...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2014, 11:59:32 AM12/15/14
The overall Site Administrator turned rogen's option off to ordinary users. An alternate approach is to:
1) Go to Site Contents and Structure (tree view)
2) Copy sub-site, where the destination is on a different master Site
3) Rename the copied sub-site
4) Move the new sub-site back to the original master Site

ddus...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2015, 2:23:49 AM9/1/15
Can you elaborate or send me step by step this is too broad.
Thank you

atacc...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2016, 1:59:56 PM8/23/16
On Monday, December 15, 2014 at 11:59:32 AM UTC-5, kc7h...@gmail.com wrote:
Thank you thank you! Saved me!!!!

srh...@usa.net

Aug 29, 2016, 10:46:03 AM8/29/16
Wow - Its 2016 and this response is still saving peoples bacon. Thanks for posting. This worked perfectly - first try. THANKS

On Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 6:00:38 AM UTC-8, rogen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To do this, go to Site Settings and under Site Actions you will see the
> option - 'Save site as template'.....

andy...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2017, 11:10:37 AM12/20/17
Yes, my bacon was saved by your post here at the end of 2017! Thank you!

golarsy...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 3:22:33 PM3/5/18
I have read your solution can you elaborate the process by step by step and it will be helpfull for me

brye...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2018, 9:44:24 AM3/7/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 3:22:33 PM UTC-5, golarsy...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have read your solution can you elaborate the process by step by step and it will be helpfull for me

1) Go to the site collection site settings
2) Select content and structure (under site administration)
3) Find the subsite you want to copy and copy it to a dummy subsite that you created just to copy another subsite into (or another site collection).
4) Once copied under the dummy subsite (or another site collection) go to details then rename the subsite.
5) Move subsite to your site collection you want.

If you need further assistance feel free to email me and I will share my screen and walk you through it.

had...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2019, 2:44:13 AM4/29/19
Hi Dear
first of all I would say thank you.
I did the steps.I want to copy a sub site right under the root of site collection. But I getting an error. also when I copy it under another sub site, I could not to move it to upper level. is there any solution?

mcafee...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2020, 7:38:21 AM3/2/20
McAfee Antivirus is one of the most used antiviruses to take care of viruses stuck on your system. It successfully blocks all the malware threats coming from several websites. McAfee tags all the viruses and eradicates them forever. www.goto-mcafee.com