Windows security login dialog when publishing site to internet

G Hyche

Nov 27, 2011, 2:55:38 PM11/27/11
I have an internal sharepoint 2010 site that I "extended" so as to
publish on the internet to anonymous users, and I get a windows log
dialog when I try to access it. I have followed several different
guides to publishing SP sites with no luck.
This SP site is running on a VM inside our network with a route from
the firewall.
I have enabled an anonymous policy in sharepoint and set anaonymous
authentication in IIS for the "extended" site.
Not sure what to try next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.