ISO: materials that outline strategies to upgrade from SP 2007 to SP 2010

Larry W. Virden

Jun 8, 2011, 8:40:39 AM6/8/11
I have inherited admin responsibilities on a site that was created
before I came on board. I've never installed a SP before, or been
involved in an upgrade of Windows software. Yet I've been asked to
estimate the resources needed to prepare and then upgrade from SP 2007
to 2010.

I'm looking for some materials that can help me get my mind wrapped
around the issues, process, training that is going to be needed, etc.

I don't need, initially, the specific plan itself. I just need to
figure out a plan to follow to develop the plan that will be used to
do the migration.

Can anyone out there provided pointers to white papers, case studies,
books, etc. on the early steps in making a transition like this?