Assign a task to multiple users

doulcat

Sep 10, 2007, 3:28:00 PM9/10/07
i am trying to assign a task to multiple users, how would you do it? it seems
that you can only assign a task to one user.

thanks

Faisal Akhtar

Sep 10, 2007, 4:23:18 PM9/10/07

Go to the list, select settings and click list settings. Under the
colums sub section, click the "Assigned to" column name. Under the
Additional Column Settings section, make sure allow multiple
selections is set to yes. Click ok. You should then be able assign a
task to multiple people.

Faisal Akhtar
SharePoint Architect
http://sharefort.blogspot.com

doulcat

Sep 10, 2007, 5:48:03 PM9/10/07
thanks it works great

jayaseelan loyola

Oct 29, 2010, 6:21:42 AM10/29/10
how to to assing workflow task to multiple person? can u give me a code example?...i have used below code to assign task..is it correct?

private void createTask1_MethodInvoking(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
createTask1_TaskId1 = Guid.NewGuid();
createTask1_TaskProperties1.AssignedTo ="ZSLW324\\user1";// "ZYLOGSHARE\\user1";
createTask1_TaskProperties1.AssignedTo ="ZSLW324\\user2";
createTask1_TaskProperties1.AssignedTo ="ZSLW324\\user3";
createTask1_TaskProperties1.Title = workflowProperties.Item["Title"].ToString();
createTask1_TaskProperties1.Description = "Workflow merging";
createTask1_TaskProperties1.SendEmailNotification = true;
}

thanks,
Jayaseelan.L

> On Monday, September 10, 2007 3:28 PM doulca wrote:

> i am trying to assign a task to multiple users, how would you do it? it seems
> that you can only assign a task to one user.
>
> thanks

>>> On Monday, September 10, 2007 5:48 PM doulca wrote:

>>> thanks it works great
>>>
>>> "Faisal Akhtar" wrote:

>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>> FireAndForget Asynchronous Utility Class for SQL Server Inserts and Updates
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/7a22d9a4-59fc-40b0-8337-75c76f14fb3b/fireandforget-asynchronous-utility-class-for-sql-server-inserts-and-updates.aspx

isbel...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2012, 3:47:11 PM12/5/12
On Monday, September 10, 2007 3:48:03 PM UTC-6, doulcat wrote:
> thanks it works great"Faisal Akhtar" wrote:> On Sep 10, 3:28 pm, doulcat <doul...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > i am trying to assign a task to multiple users, how would you do it? it seems > > that you can only assign a task to one user.> > > > thanks> > Go to the list, select settings and click list settings. Under the > colums sub section, click the "Assigned to" column name. Under the > Additional Column Settings section, make sure allow multiple > selections is set to yes. Click ok. You should then be able assign a > task to multiple people.> > Faisal Akhtar > SharePoint Architect> http://sharefort.blogspot.com> >

Ok so the next problem to solve is that if you want each person to complete the task. So IOW you have one task that multiple people need to complete. It seems that if one person goes in and does the task and then someone else goes in it will over ride the first task completion. Am I wrong? If so what am I missing?

Abed Hallak

Sep 8, 2021, 3:40:22 AM9/8/21
Hello Faisal,

i cannot find that list settings anywhere. Are you guys talking about Google chat or the Google app ? I have created a room on Google chat and then created a room task. I want to assign this task to multiple users. It only allow to assign one only. Can you help please?

Ash Smith

Jan 11, 2022, 8:19:28 PM1/11/22
I don't see the "list settings" either. I'm working within the google spaces

François BERGANZ

Aug 22, 2023, 3:09:53 AM8/22/23
Hello Ash,
Did you find the solution ? if yes, can you explain it please?
Regards