“Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 encountered an error during setup.”

Faisal Akhtar

Dec 16, 2008, 2:48:27 PM12/16/08
When i run the setup for MOSS, i get teh following error.

“Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 encountered an error during
setup.”

there is nothing in the event viewer and there is no help on the
internet. the only blog post was found here

http://tiredblogger.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/fixing-a-broken-moss-2007-installation/

I installed that application and looked for an old installation of
MOSS but it wasn't there which was predictable becuase I never did
install MOSS on that server before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
almost everything I can think of including the dot net framework. What
next, uninstall the OS? Any ideas?

I need help please.

guna samba

Dec 17, 2008, 12:07:09 PM12/17/08
hi faisal,
I also faced the same problem, when i started to install the moss
2007. try the below url

http://geekswithblogs.net/emanish/archive/2006/09/12/90979.aspx.

I hope it will provide you the clear sketch on MOSS 2007 installation.

Keep on trying, don't get hesitated

Thanks,
Gunasekaran Sambandhan

guna samba

Dec 17, 2008, 12:20:20 PM12/17/08
try this url, information is more clear and specific

http://www.datasprings.com/Resources/ArticlesInformation/OverviewonInstallingSharepoint2007/tabid/774/Default.aspx

Thanks,
Gunasekaran Sambandhan

Faisal Akhtar

Feb 11, 2009, 11:13:51 AM2/11/09
On Dec 16 2008, 2:48 pm, Faisal Akhtar <faisalakhta...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> When i run the setup for MOSS, i get teh following error.
>
> “Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 encountered an error during
> setup.”
>
> there is nothing in the event viewer and there is no help on the
> internet. the only blog post was found here
>
> http://tiredblogger.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/fixing-a-broken-moss-200...

> I installed that application and looked for an old installation of
> MOSS but it wasn't there which was predictable becuase I never did
> install MOSS on that server before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
> almost everything I can think of including the dot net framework. What
> next, uninstall the OS? Any ideas?
>
> I need help please.

I figured it out, check out my blog post here for the answer.

http://sharefort.blogspot.com/2009/02/error-has-occurred.html

clickr...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2017, 7:26:52 AM3/14/17
there's a best way to get your issues resolved these kind of issues by getting a real time chat support
You may check this out http://800supportnumber.com