Can you use the new geolocation field in SharePoint Online?

Sana Rajput

Aug 3, 2018, 5:06:31 AM8/3/18
Hi!

I would like to add a "location" column to my list, as per this MSDN article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj656773.aspx

Unfortunately, the requirement is to have a geolocation column added to the list. You can only add these fields programmatically, so I tired powershell, but the limited functions did not support adding the required column.

I have referenced the following instuctions without success: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj164050(v=office.15).aspx

Is it possible to add geolocation columns to my SharePoint Online site? Why does the above MSDN article reference SharePoint Online?

Many thanks for anyone who can show me how to do this with the new SharePoint Online!

akshita...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2018, 5:52:22 AM8/17/18
Well, the examples from that page use C#, would you be able to provide the PowerShell script you are trying?

The article references SharePoint Online because it already has the required msi package, SQLSysClrTypes.msi installed. It sounds like it should work.

Note to enable it you would need to call SharePoint Client Object model code (defined in Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.dll and Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime.dll), there likely aren't any predefined cmdlets for doing this. If you still need help regarding Sharepoint Development feel free to contact me.