SharePoint Document Library Workflow question

lho...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2017, 2:36:23 PM7/14/17
I have a doc library in SP 2013. I added a field called "category". When the user uploads a document they have to pick a category and then press save. I have a workflow set to run when an item is created and when an item is changed. It is set to run only on a specific category. It never runs. I can get it to run when I take the condition out. I can get it to run when I close and re-open the item. I need it to run after the user uploads the document and sets the category, not before. Does anyone have an ideas I could try? Thanks.