New document opened from content type path, need to save to document library directly.

Yogendra Banode

Jan 16, 2012, 1:08:18 AM1/16/12
We have a requirement of saving the document open from a custom menu into the document library as the way it behaves when we open a document from the outofbox 'New menu' in a document library.
When we open document from the New menu, tries to save it, by default gets saved in the document library(i.e. http:// sp2010:4444/NewDocLib). When open from the custom menu and tries to save, it saves to the library?s content type path(i.e. http://eccoe-sps2010:4444/NewDocLib/Forms/III Level here "III level" is content type name).
We have to save it to document library directly and not the content types path. if anyone has any thought/worked on similar stuff, sharing your thoughts is highly appreciated