Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource...

50 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

svenderuyter

não lida,
24 de out. de 2007, 05:56:0224/10/2007
para
Hello all,

"The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource
'PhasesDataSource' could not be found."

I know that the error I'm having has been discussed millions of times, but
none of those discussions solved the weird problem I'm having. I'll try to
explain the problem as briefly as possible - if anyone thinks he/she can help
me, then don't hesitate to ask for more details.

I developed a web part for MOSS 2007. Basically, it's a gridview that's
bound to an ObjectDataSource (ID = "PhasesDataSource"). I have also developed
a business object (Entities.ProjectPhases), which has a default (empty)
constructor and a public method to retrieve a datatable. For the TypeName
property of the ObjectDataSource I entered the fully qualified name of the
business object. I put it in a webpartpage and everything works fine. No
problem so far!

Now the weird part: sometimes this webpart "stops working". I have put this
webpart in a site definition, and when I create several sites based on that
definition, the web part throws the error for one site, but might also just
show nothing (an empty web part) for another site, or work correctly for yet
another site. Also, I'm seeing the error, the others too but another
colleague for example doesn't. For him the webpart works just fine!! After a
reboot of the server, the webpart does its thing again, until a certain
(apparently random) moment. Then it stops working for some persons.

So it seems that the webpart works "sometimes". At first we thought it was
only on one server, but now we're having the exact same problem on our
acceptation server. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind the occurance
of the errors.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to possibly solve this, or (even
partially) explain this behaviour??

Thanks in advance,
Sven

PS: The error message:
The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource
'PhasesDataSource' could not be found.
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.GetType(String typeName)
at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments
arguments) at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments
arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.set_RequiresDataBinding(Boolean
value) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.OnDataPropertyChanged() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnDataPropertyChanged() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.set_DataSourceID(String value)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.set_DataSourceID(String value)
at WebParts.MyWebpart.BindGrid() at WebParts.MyWebpart.Render(HtmlTextWriter
writer)

Francisco Diazluna

não lida,
5 de jan. de 2012, 13:50:0205/01/2012
para
Hi Sven,

Where you able to figure out what was the problem here? We are having the exact same random error. It works most of the time, but from time to time we get the issue as you described it.

Thank you!
0 nova mensagem