Re: workflow scheduling

Per Jakobsen

Mar 17, 2009, 4:26:33 AM3/17/09
Hi Jason

You have a couple of options:
1) Create a custom time job to kick off the workflow at the specified time

2) Create a Visual Studio workflow which loops around while delaying for 1 day (Can calculate the right amount of time)

3) In SharePoint Designer you can hack this by having a workflow which starts when the item is changed and does the
following:
* Add 1 day to today
* Pause until that day
* Pause for 23 hours
* Does the wanted processing
* Changes the item (This will cause a new instance of the workflow to start)

--
BR

Per Jakobsen
Blog: http://www.theblackknightsings.com

Jason

Mar 17, 2009, 10:51:01 AM3/17/09
Thanks for you assistance. I will be using only SPD.

To clarify a little, what I am trying to do is have a workflow kick off
nightly independent of any item on the list. If certain conditions are true,
send out an email. I didn't want it to be tied to a particular item.

Per Jakobsen

Mar 17, 2009, 12:22:38 PM3/17/09
Hi Jason

All instances of a SharePoint Workflow has to be tied to a specific item in a list/doclib

If you'll only use SPD then you can create a dummy list for use with the workflow with only one item and then use the
method 3 I described

Aleksandr Gorlach

May 30, 2012, 10:45:50 AM5/30/12
It is easy - just take freeware product HarePoint Workflow Scheduler: http://www.harepoint.com/Products/HarePointWorkflowScheduler/Default.aspx

;)

WBR, Alexander

> On Monday, March 16, 2009 5:49 PM Jaso wrote:

> SharePoint Designer Workflow questions
> 1. I would like to schedule a workflow to kick off each night at 11pm for
> example is that possible?

>> On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:26 AM Per Jakobsen wrote:

>> Hi Jason
>>
>> You have a couple of options:
>> 1) Create a custom time job to kick off the workflow at the specified time
>>
>> 2) Create a Visual Studio workflow which loops around while delaying for 1 day (Can calculate the right amount of time)
>>
>> 3) In SharePoint Designer you can hack this by having a workflow which starts when the item is changed and does the
>> following:
>> * Add 1 day to today
>> * Pause until that day
>> * Pause for 23 hours
>> * Does the wanted processing
>> * Changes the item (This will cause a new instance of the workflow to start)
>>
>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:49:02 -0700, Jason <Ja...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> --
>> BR
>>
>> Per Jakobsen
>> Blog: http://www.theblackknightsings.com

>>> On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:51 AM Jaso wrote:

>>> Thanks for you assistance. I will be using only SPD.
>>>
>>> To clarify a little, what I am trying to do is have a workflow kick off
>>> nightly independent of any item on the list. If certain conditions are true,
>>> send out an email. I didn't want it to be tied to a particular item.

girlach

May 30, 2012, 8:18:28 PM5/30/12