Is it possible to mail merge with a list in SharePoint?

1 view

MarkLandon

Jul 23, 2008, 8:16:05 AM7/23/08
I have a SharePoint List called Purchase Ledger Queries, which is kind of
what it says on the tin. I want to generate and print letters to suppliers,
using the data already logged in this list. Does anybody have any
suggestions as to how I can do this in either SharePoint, SharePoint Designer
or Word?

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Jul 23, 2008, 11:55:13 PM7/23/08
Hello MarkLandon,

I'd say that u need to use Visual Studio for this and SPUtility.SendEmail
method from Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.

I expect there are some 3rd party webparts available for this, but never
seen them

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

M> I have a SharePoint List called Purchase Ledger Queries, which is
M> kind of what it says on the tin. I want to generate and print
M> letters to suppliers, using the data already logged in this list.
M> Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can do this in either
M> SharePoint, SharePoint Designer or Word?

JD

Jul 24, 2008, 11:06:44 AM7/24/08
I've done it by exporting the list to an Excel spreadsheet, then use that
spreadsheet as the data source for the mail merge in Word.

"MarkLandon" <MarkL...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

John Whiteley

Mar 9, 2012, 5:01:18 AM3/9/12
Link Concepts mail merge web part allows you to merge SharePoint Contact list data into Word templates, the merged document can be printed or sent as an attachment to email. The body text of the email can als be merged with Contact list data to create a personalized email, ideal for email marketing campaigns.

Please visit our demo site - http://sharepoint.linkconcepts.co.uk - and try mail merge for yourself, the site has anonymous access but you can log in using linkguest and the username and password.

Currently we offer a free 15 day trial for you to evaluate the web part functionality on your own SharePoint server, 2007 & 2010 versions are both supported.

Kind Regards

John W