WSS 3.0 Helpdesk Application Form Modification

Mike Celone

Feb 19, 2008, 4:45:06 PM2/19/08
We recently installed the WSS 3.0 Helpdesk application that Microsoft put
out. So far it's working pretty good of rus but there it some more
customization we would like to do. On the form for creating a New Service
Request some fields do not show up on this form. I know I can add missing
fields by modifying the Content Type and setting those to Optional or
Required. But what if I added a new field to the list and want to hide it
from the NewForm but display it on the Edit Form? I've looked around but
can't seem to figure out how they did this in the first place.

As an example the Comments field only shows on the Edit Form and not the New
Form. I added a new field and added it to the Service Request Content Type.
Now it shows on both New Form and the Edit Form. How can I set it to
display on only the Edit Form?

Mike

Cornelius J. van Dyk [MVP]

Feb 21, 2008, 7:55:12 AM2/21/08
Unfortunately you cannot remove additional fields from the New or Edit
forms. We're hoping for this to be customizable in vNext, but your only
way around this today is to split your comments off to a totally
separate list.

--
Hope this helps.

Thanks

Blog: http://www.cjvandyk.com/blog
RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/cjvandyk
SPCAP - SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool
http://www.cjvandyk.com/blog/aspx/SPCap.aspx

"Mike Celone" <mike.celone*NOSPAM*@rfsworld.com> wrote in message

Mike Celone

Feb 21, 2008, 3:33:04 PM2/21/08
How did Microsoft do it then? In the default application only a few fields
show in the NewForm.aspx but in EditForm.aspx all the fields are there?

Mike

"Cornelius J. van Dyk [MVP]" <c...@dtdn.ANTISPAM.com> wrote in message

andaliburrahman

May 28, 2008, 3:47:33 AM5/28/08
I don't know how to hide/show fields in the new item or edit item form by coding. But it is piece of cake when you use sharepoint designer 2007. U can create new forms by editing existing forms, and set them as default. Here's how:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/HA101191111033.aspx

Jean-Pierre Lafleur

Mar 23, 2011, 8:08:05 PM3/23/11
But when you customize those form you lost the ability to attach document.