Modify Service Request form in new HelpDesk Template.

Wade D.

Mar 2, 2007, 10:11:22 PM3/2/07
I am in the process of fine tuning the new HelpDesk Application to fit our
company needs. One item I am stumped on is in the Service Request form it
prompts the user for only a few of the fields that are in the service request
list. I have added an Asset number column in the Service Request list. I
want it to show up in the Service Request Form so the user can input the
Asset tag of their comptuer. How do I add fields to the Service Request
form? I am sure it is easy but I am just overlooking something.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Eric J. Hoffman

Mar 5, 2007, 9:43:33 PM3/5/07
I think I am in similar boat with the server admin templates.
I am in multiple budget and tracking, I added a column to the Projects List,
but when I edit or do a new form, it never appears. I looked at the page
from the master catalog that relates to it in Sharepoint Designer 2007, but
color me confused. I don't see data bindings, or any of the fields.

How does one modify the entry forms for these server admin templates when
adding a column to the list doesn't make it appear everywhere?

Thanks!

"Wade D." <Wa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

cm

Mar 7, 2007, 10:25:25 AM3/7/07
I can tell you how to make a new field show up.

But I am also wondering how to modify the form, such as simply add or remove
some fields, between the two existing forms (New request and edit request).

Also, I cannot for the life of me find out where to change the choices for
the "Status Field"

Anyway, to make a new field show up. Go into the list settings. Click
"Advanced Settings". The first question "Allow management of content types"
radio select Yes. Then go back to the list settings and you will see the
"service request" content type show up, click it. Click "Add from existing
site or list columns" below the list of fields. Then you will have the
ability to add your field, as it will be listed. Add yoru field, then go back
and click on your field to adjust the options on visibility (Required,
Optional, Hidden).

That should do it for you.

You have any idea how to edit "Status" field choices?

David Wolfrom

Mar 14, 2007, 5:31:10 AM3/14/07
CM, I am not sure if you have figured the problem out with editing the
"Status" field, but this should do it:

- Go to the List Settings
- Under Columns, click on the link for Status
- In Additional Column Settings, you should see a text box with the
following right above it "Type each choice on a separate line:". Edit/
Add/Delete the items (they will appear in this order) as you see fit.

On Mar 7, 8:25 am, cm <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I can tell you how to make a new field show up.
>
> But I am also wondering how to modify the form, such as simply add or remove
> some fields, between the two existing forms (New request and edit request).
>
> Also, I cannot for the life of me find out where to change the choices for
> the "Status Field"
>
> Anyway, to make a new field show up. Go into the list settings. Click
> "Advanced Settings". The first question "Allow management of content types"
> radio select Yes. Then go back to the list settings and you will see the
> "service request" content type show up, click it. Click "Add from existing
> site or list columns" below the list of fields. Then you will have the
> ability to add your field, as it will be listed. Add yoru field, then go back
> and click on your field to adjust the options on visibility (Required,
> Optional, Hidden).
>
> That should do it for you.
>
> You have any idea how to edit "Status" field choices?
>

> "Wade D." wrote:

> > I am in the process of fine tuning the new HelpDeskApplicationto fit our

> > company needs. One item I am stumped on is in the Service Request form it
> > prompts the user for only a few of the fields that are in the service request

> > list. I have added an Asset numbercolumnin the Service Request list. I

> > want it to show up in the Service Request Form so the user can input the
> > Asset tag of their comptuer. How do I add fields to the Service Request
> > form? I am sure it is easy but I am just overlooking something.
>

> > Thanks in advance for the assistance.- Hide quoted text -

Jarrod Johnston

May 30, 2007, 3:14:01 PM5/30/07
David,

That works in most areas, but the Service Request list in the Help Desk
template apparently is somewhat unique in that there are certain fields which
cannot be modified in that way.

I'm having the same problem and would greatly appreciate any information
about adding/modifying "Status" column choices.

avm...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2012, 4:01:12 AM10/15/12
суббота, 3 марта 2007 г., 6:11:22 UTC+3 пользователь Wade D. написал:
I've spent a lot of time to customize standard helpdesk template, finally it works but most of my customizations were lost during backup and restore (to move it from development to production). We fixed it and used this during one year but after that we switched to HarePoint HelpDesk for SharePoint (http://www.harepoint.com/Products/HarePointHelpDesk/). We are using it about six month. We spend about a week to deploy it and customize for our needs.