Apache won't compile

James Risto

Jun 26, 2002, 9:29:37 AM6/26/02
I tried 1.3.26 and 2.0.39 and they won't compile ... seems the configure
script does not recognize what Unix SFU is. 1.3.26 has good info on how to
port, but boils to figuring out the compiler switches myself. I am way too
new to gcc to do that.

Tips? Should I stop complaining and start trying stuff?

Charlie Russel(MVP)

Jun 26, 2002, 11:27:17 AM6/26/02
go to your favorite gcc mirror and download the latest configure files.
Replace the ones that are with your version of Apache and try again. That
should get you closer, since the latest config.guess and config.sub at least
know what Interix3 is.

--
Charlie Russel
Columnist, MVP and Associate Expert

"James Risto" <James...@Clarica.com> wrote in message

Kevin Blackham

Jun 28, 2002, 1:48:13 AM6/28/02
"Charlie Russel\(MVP\)" <cha...@mvkillallspammersps.org> articulated:

> go to your favorite gcc mirror and download the latest configure files.
> Replace the ones that are with your version of Apache and try again. That
> should get you closer, since the latest config.guess and config.sub at least
> know what Interix3 is.

I've found many configure scripts can proceed (may still not compile or
meet dependencies) by manually specifying architecture 'x86'. I don't
recall the switch, but try configure --help for that.

Charlie Russel(MVP)

Jun 28, 2002, 2:47:25 PM6/28/02
So far I haven't had to do that -- the new config.guess and config.sub
understand about Interix3 and are doing pretty well. I _have_ had to modify
some CFLAGS on some things, but not on others. I'm _not_ a C programmer,
though I have written some C programs that are still in production. But that
was before I became a manager and had my required pre-frontal lobotomy.

--

"Kevin Blackham" <sp...@orbit.xmission.com> wrote in message