Luxury Home Build in Northern Beaches, Sydney (New South Wales) | Review of Hometek Renovations & Extensions

Marcelo S

Dec 13, 2023, 6:06:21 PM12/13/23
Rating: ★★★★★ (5/5)

We tasked Hometek Renovations & Extensions with our dream home project in the Northern Beaches of Sydney, and the outcome was exceptional! Their attention to detail, innovative designs, and luxurious finishes surpassed our expectations. The team was professional, reliable, and communicative throughout.

https://www.hometekrenovations.com.au/service-area/luxury-home-builders-northern-beaches/

We bought a piece of land on Avalon Beach in the Northern Beaches for our dream home while we were living abroad. The first great thing about working with Hometek Renovations & Extensions was that they were willing to have conversations with us over the Internet. We found this to be miles ahead of the other home builders we were getting quotes from.

https://www.hometekrenovations.com.au/service-area/luxury-home-builders-northern-beaches/
With some difficult things in our brief, we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted to do. Hometek suggested that we work within their framework for custom builds. After some changes and sketching, we hired Hometek's draftspeople and surveyors to make plans, get information about the site, and make more changes to our design.

We asked Hometek about the design timelines for the custom process because we were getting ready to move into our new home as soon as possible after getting back to Avalon Beach. To Hometek's credit, they walked us through the process and made sure that important choices and choices were thought through, priced, and agreed upon. Hometek was very accommodating to our choices and preferences, even letting us bring our own supplies of certain items. We had a good idea of what we wanted the interior to look like and how to decorate it, so we spent time with Hometek Renovations & Extensions's interior designer. The process helped us clarify our vision. Following this, we still flipped and changed some things, and Hometek was patient and open to our choices. The designer they worked with was also open to follow-up phone calls.

As winter was coming, people were excited to start building. After the site cut, Hometek Renovations & Extensions gave us the land to build a pool on with Master Pools. Heavy rain fell in Northern Beaches during this process, and the ground became waterlogged and unstable because of the cut and the heavy machinery that was moving across the site. This made us wait anxiously while Hometek watched how the site was draining. They did the right thing by getting crushed rock, clay, and other things to try to start building. Their engineers told us that to speed up the building process, they could put in more screw piles than they had originally planned. We knew that getting the build going was the most important thing, so we went ahead with it.

Our building quote changed only slightly because of this one thing. Hometek dealt with this variation in a fair and careful way. All the other changes were caused by our choices, changes to the design, or things that were agreed upon when the contract was signed as being within the allowance.

Highly recommended for anyone seeking a top-tier luxury home builder!

https://www.hometekrenovations.com.au/service-area/luxury-home-builders-northern-beaches/