Problem publishing a CRL to Active Directory

Gunna

Sep 2, 2009, 8:00:01 PM9/2/09
Ok so I have publihsed a new CRL from my Root to the Root servers file
system. Now I am trying to publish that to Active Directory using the
command:
certutil -f -dspubish filename.crl

But I get the following errors:

402.203.0: 0x80070057 (WIN32: 87): ..CertCli Version
A required CRL extension is missing
307.4884.0: 0x80070490 (WIN32: 1168)
307.5161.0: 0x80070490 (WIN32: 1168)
CertUtil: -dsPublish command FAILED: 0x80070490 (WIN32: 1168)
CertUtil: Element not found.
301.3160.0: 0x80070490 (WIN32: 1168)

Any idea?

LanceVL

Sep 23, 2009, 1:45:55 PM9/23/09

Yes, the -f flag indicates the file you wish to use. It expects the
file name directly after the flag. So, the way you have the command,
it sees -dspublish as the file name (which does not have an
extension). So, you need to reorg your command like:

certutil -f filename.crl -dspubish

ers...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2016, 12:25:13 PM11/23/16
-f means force, not file. The command as written in first post is accurate.