Virus

Eric Allen

Sep 21, 2015, 1:05:56 PM9/21/15
How do I go about removing the Kovter virus. I'm running Win10-64bit,
Malicious software removal tool and Windows defender.
.
Eric
.
.

David H. Lipman

Sep 23, 2015, 8:45:23 AM9/23/15
From: "Eric Allen" <EricA...@juno.com>
Kovter is a trojan, not a virus.

However I suggest you get one-on-one assistance in removing it and any
modifications it may have made by requesting assistance in the Malwarebytes'
Malware Removal sub-forum.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/7-malware-removal-help/

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Eric Allen

Sep 25, 2015, 8:10:16 AM9/25/15
On 09/23/15 5:45 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Eric Allen" <EricA...@juno.com>
>
>> How do I go about removing the Kovter virus. I'm running Win10-64bit,
>> Malicious software removal tool and Windows defender.
>> .
>> Eric
>> .
>> .
>
> Kovter is a trojan, not a virus.
>
> However I suggest you get one-on-one assistance in removing it and any
> modifications it may have made by requesting assistance in the
> Malwarebytes' Malware Removal sub-forum.
>
> https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/7-malware-removal-help/

My Subscription to malwarebytes ran out, I'm on my own to remove it

David H. Lipman

Sep 25, 2015, 9:23:06 AM9/25/15
From: "Eric Allen" <EricA...@juno.com>
Whether you have an active subsription or not is a moot point. It is NOT
required to get online assistance in malware removal. It is a free service
that has no dependencies other than a Forum Account and following the
Malwarebytes' Forum ToS.