The newbie's dilemma!

BoaterDave

Aug 13, 2007, 6:20:15 PM8/13/07
How can anyone visiting here for the first time have *any* idea that they
will receive good ........ or bad .......... advice?

I thought at first that the TechNet Communities must be monitored by
Microsoft staff and therefore be relatively safe. I'm still not sure about
that. Having come here (for ease of use, on someone's advice) it appears
that *no* such protection applies and that it really is a 'free-for-all' and
is, quite likely, a dangerous place to visit.

This may not have always been so - and I do wish to stress that I HAVE
received some excellent and helpful advice, much of which has enabled me to
help myself more and better understand my PC and its' software. I have also
learnt a great deal about 'malware' and how to deal with it.

PCButts1 - some while ago now - explained to me how effective it is to run
HiJackThis and then copy and paste a specific entry directly into Google.
Here's an example - O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher]
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

Try it for yourself. I got 66,800 responses which can be reviewed at
leisure. <g>

What I have NOT found is other people who are trying to find out who
*perpetrates* the 'malware' in the first place - no-one seems to care. I do!

So, in spite of comments like that of 'Fitz' elsewhere on this group, and also having been
'warned-off'' having contact with PCButts1 by Kerry Brown and David H
Lipman, I'm grateful for PCB's help. Perhaps he's one of the good guys after
all, but only experience here will tell. I'm glad I'm not a newbie any more!

BD

Andrew Taylor

Aug 13, 2007, 10:56:50 PM8/13/07
Because groups like this are self policing. If someone does give bad advice, 6 other people will chime in, why that advice is wrong.

I find the contents of PCButts1 website very disturbing.
--
Andrew Taylor
~

Philip K.

Aug 15, 2007, 8:49:22 PM8/15/07
HI BoaterDave,
Join the crowd. Your complaint is not specific to this news group or
Microsoft. It is true of every news group which I have visited. Large
companies no longer give out free advice. Large companies do not monitor
news groups. When push comes to shove, how much free advice and/or
monitoring can you expect on a one hundred or two hundred dollar retail
sale. I have no idea if it is still true, but the Windows 98 news group did
not even have an automatic check to weed out filthy attack language and
counter-attacks.
Phil

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 16, 2007, 2:16:55 AM8/16/07
Well I'm glad that *someone* reads my posts, Phil! :)

Thanks for writing in.

BD

"Philip K." <Phi...@aol.com> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 18, 2007, 2:43:08 PM8/18/07
Ishie said, in your group, "It would please me greatly if the moderator would remove this thread."

Are you going to remove same, Andrew?

BD

Jim

Aug 18, 2007, 4:49:22 PM8/18/07
This is an unmoderated group.
Jim

BoaterDave

Aug 18, 2007, 5:42:13 PM8/18/07
Thanks, Jim. (Andrew will understand <g>)

BD

*************************************
"Jim" <j...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Peter Foldes

Aug 19, 2007, 1:02:06 AM8/19/07
Andrew

Have you turned into a bad guy now. :-)

--
Peter

BoaterDave

Aug 19, 2007, 8:43:03 AM8/19/07
Hello Peter

Andrew is one of the good guys. His credentials have never been in question.

It is *you* who is the unknown quantity. I accept that someone at Annexcafe
newsgroups could have been masquerading as you. All you had to do was
confirm, here, that it wasn't you who was posting 'over there'. Simple
really. Yet you refused to do so.

David

"Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dave H

Aug 19, 2007, 9:42:33 AM8/19/07
Guvf zna vf pyrneyl ybbarl, vg vf orfg gb vtaber uvz.
rot13

Dave H

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 19, 2007, 9:59:02 AM8/19/07
So - you still here tracking me Dave.

Someone posting "This man is clearly looney, it is best to ignore him" must
surely have better things to do on a Sunday afternoon?

BD

"Dave H" <spam...@pepedog.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 19, 2007, 10:25:37 AM8/19/07
why are you goading Andrew?
he's a 'good guy' and doesn't deserve this embarrassment from one of his
'friends'.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 19, 2007, 11:16:15 AM8/19/07
Goading? I truly do not understand. How can I have possibly caused Andrew
embarrassment here?

I completely agree that Andrew is a 'good guy' - as I said in my response to
Peter Foldes just two hours ago.

You should have listened to Andrew yourself when he advised you to let me
have my own group. Better still, you should never have excluded me from
Annexcafe in the first place. You *may* be an innocent party, Li, but
something is NOT straight-forward 'over there'. Think about *anyone* who may
have encouraged you to exclude me - you may then be a step closer to
discovering who the bad guys really are.

What made you come here looking for me again anyway? Are you part of some
secret society which needs to track those who may be suspicious of the
motives of others? Why should my personal views be of any concern to you? As
your very close friend has stated this very afternoon, ""This man is clearly
looney, it is best to ignore him". Why didn't you take Dave's advice and
simply ignore me? So many questions .... yet rarely a straight-forward
answer.

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

Andrew Taylor

Aug 19, 2007, 2:30:36 PM8/19/07
not the last time I looked in the mirror Peter :>)

--
Andrew Taylor
Toronto - Canada

Andrew Taylor

Aug 19, 2007, 2:32:16 PM8/19/07
I don't Delete. It is being dealt with by someone more senior than me.

--
Andrew Taylor
Toronto - Canada

Leythos

Aug 19, 2007, 9:55:53 PM8/19/07
In article <us0NW4h4...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, ok...@hotmail.com
says...

> I'm glad I'm not a newbie any more!

If you think the PCB is One of the Good Guys, then you're still a noob.

Anyone that hosts and creates porn on a website and exposes KIDS to it
without concern, the same site he sends you to for downloading his
questionable solutions that have been proven to be pirated, well, you
just should look elsewhere at any cost - supporting people that expose
kids to porn is the worst.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Troll_Lady

Aug 20, 2007, 5:04:48 AM8/20/07
*Think about *anyone* who may have encouraged you to exclude me - you may
then be a step closer to discovering who the bad guys really are.*

it was you, yourself, who caused you to be 'excluded'.

search Usenet for Admin groups, ask them for a group.

to find 'bad guys' search Usenet for them. (use google groups if you don't
know how to access Usenet using a news client.)

as you have noticed in over 2 years of searching 'private' servers, you have
found nothing. move on to bigger, meaner, badder pastures. or are you afraid
to meet and confront real 'bad guys' ?

two steps closer you go to where you truly belong.
i suspect someone will have a new toy to play with soon.
how are you coming along with your ip scanners?

TL
(follow up set)

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 20, 2007, 3:07:56 PM8/20/07
Hi Li

I'm fine right here. Thanks for asking.

I note that you've not answered *any* of my questions - nothing changes, eh?
<g>

David

"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 21, 2007, 9:59:54 AM8/21/07
I've been a bit 'off colour' suffering from a summer cold, so didn't at
first pick up on this comment of yours, Li - "how are you coming along with
your ip scanners?"

Although others here will not be at all interested I'm sure, I'd be most
pleased if you would remind me of *how* you know about my IP scanners -
you've not been peeking inside my PC have you, Li?

That's impossible, of course! ..... or is it? (but you wouldn't tell me
and the rest of the world if you *are* able to, now would you? <g>)

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in message

> *Think about *anyone* who may have encouraged you to exclude me - you may
> then be a step closer to discovering who the bad guys really are.*
>
> it was you, yourself, who caused you to be 'excluded'.
>
> search Usenet for Admin groups, ask them for a group.
>
> to find 'bad guys' search Usenet for them. (use google groups if you don't
> know how to access Usenet using a news client.)
>
> as you have noticed in over 2 years of searching 'private' servers, you
> have
> found nothing. move on to bigger, meaner, badder pastures. or are you
> afraid
> to meet and confront real 'bad guys' ?
>
> two steps closer you go to where you truly belong.
> i suspect someone will have a new toy to play with soon.
> how are you coming along with your ip scanners?
>
> TL
> (follow up set)
>
> ****************************************************************************************

<snip>

Dave H

Aug 21, 2007, 12:18:47 PM8/21/07
All logical.
We watch for bad guys here.
Bad guys do IP scanning.
If you have used an IP scanner, your ISP will disconnect you, for being a
bad guy.

Dave H

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 21, 2007, 5:01:13 PM8/21/07

> All logical.
> We watch for bad guys here.

I'd like you to qualify the word 'we', please, Dave.

I didn't notice your presence here before you came here looking for me.

> Bad guys do IP scanning.

Indeed - so why do *you* do it?

> If you have used an IP scanner, your ISP will disconnect you, for being a
> bad guy.

That will apply equally to you, no doubt.

Dave H

Aug 21, 2007, 5:58:17 PM8/21/07
I do not IP scan.
Well, maybe not "we" any more, I'm pretty sure fewer people can even be
bothered with you.
You just proved to me that either you like twisting words (as below), or you
are befuddled, it matters not which you are.
So, like so many others, I shall now kill file you, but you can still reply
for your own pleasure.
Quite simply, I don't want to know you, or your problems, in any shape or
form.
You are a danger to yourself and others, and should keep under the radar.

One parting note, if you are capable of learning quick, it won't happen
quick.
Reasons are-
1/ you don't listen
2/ your mind is not open
3/ you are a waste of time and space.

Bet you reply, which will prove my point(s), which are-
you are a bad guy
you don't listen.

Dave H

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Dustin Cook

Aug 22, 2007, 12:22:55 AM8/22/07

> All logical.
> We watch for bad guys here.
> Bad guys do IP scanning.
> If you have used an IP scanner, your ISP will disconnect you, for
> being a bad guy.

Your just being cheeky right? :)

--
Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c

Dustin Cook

Aug 22, 2007, 12:23:43 AM8/22/07
"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in

> "Dave H" <spam...@pepedog.com> wrote in message
>> All logical.
>> We watch for bad guys here.
>
> I'd like you to qualify the word 'we', please, Dave.
>
> I didn't notice your presence here before you came here looking for
> me.
>
>> Bad guys do IP scanning.
>
> Indeed - so why do *you* do it?

Not all bad guys do IP scanning. I scan IP ranges from time to time myself.

Troll_Lady

Aug 22, 2007, 2:58:05 AM8/22/07
no, not cheeky. what bd does with the results his scans are illegal.

"Dustin Cook" <spamfilterine...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 22, 2007, 2:54:59 AM8/22/07
you use ip scanners to find vulnerable computers so you can 'help' them by
showing them they are unprotected.

as you've seen by trying to scan mine, mine doesn't exist to you.

BoaterDave

Aug 22, 2007, 4:15:00 AM8/22/07

> you use ip scanners to find vulnerable computers so you can 'help' them by
> showing them they are unprotected.

To clarify for me. When you said "you use ...." - did you mean "I use
....." or "one uses ......."

> as you've seen by trying to scan mine, mine doesn't exist to you.

I don't understand. Is this not really you, Troll Lady?

I really am trying so hard to understand these matters. Your advice will be
much appreciated. TIA.

BD

BoaterDave

Aug 22, 2007, 4:44:08 AM8/22/07
Oh dear, I hear you sigh - not him *again*!

Unanswered questions, Li.

1. HOW do you know I use an IP scanner?

2. What, exactly, do I do with any IP scans which might be illegal? and

3. How do you know the answer to 2. above?

I'd really like to know. Others here may be interested too. TIA.

BD

PS You might like to mention to Dave H that his comment "You are a danger
to yourself and others, and should keep under the radar" has been noted.
Some might just construe that as a veiled threat. For that reason, the
authorities and my friends are kept informed of such things, just in case
the *real* bad guys seek to silence me other than by bullying here in
Cyberspace. I fully appreciate that this is NOT a game. In fact, the police
are quite helpful here in the UK! <g>

"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

Dustin Cook

Aug 22, 2007, 11:23:30 AM8/22/07
"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in news:#wsycmI5HHA.4476
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

> no, not cheeky. what bd does with the results his scans are illegal.

Do you have a reference link to a legal website so I could see this for
myself? AFAIK, Depending on what you do with the results may be illegal,
but it still depends on what you decide to do.

Troll_Lady

Aug 24, 2007, 9:38:34 AM8/24/07
i dunno.
there are so many, it's hard to keep track.
when you figure out my ip, let me know, k?

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 24, 2007, 9:56:42 AM8/24/07
I think I'm going to need some help with this task.

Any volunteers?

David

"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 24, 2007, 10:08:52 AM8/24/07
I can only surmise that you - Troll-Lady - are an imposter and not the
*real* Troll_Lady (aka Li) at all! :)

Hmmmm - but why on earth would you wish to obfuscate matters here in this
thread?

I don't think these newsgroups are a safe place to play! <g>

BD

Troll_Lady

Aug 24, 2007, 10:46:44 AM8/24/07
oh dear.
who would want to imposter me?
a dilemma!

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 24, 2007, 11:39:02 AM8/24/07
Strangge things happen here, don't they?

Looking here:
http://www.giganews.com/newsgroup_search.html?group=annexcafe&go=Find%3E

Most of the A/C sites aren't available. Are you willing/able to offer an
explanation (as you are apparently using giganews). TIA.

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 25, 2007, 12:28:33 AM8/25/07
most isp's will add any news group to their list for Usenet if asked.
that doesn't mean the owner of the server will agree to folks posting to the
server FROM Usenet.

in other words, Annexcafe groups are not really available on Usenet.
they were added by folks requests to their isp's. most isp's will pop up a
notice if you try posting to them. some don't, your post just floats around
in cyberspace, never makes it to the Annexcafe server itself, never
propagates to other servers.

looking at bright.net list of groups, i see some Annexcafe groups that have
been gone for years.
i see some posts from back in 2005, when we first informed Gregory of Annex
Technologies that groups from his private server, Annexcafe, were being
carried on Usenet. i believe his lawyer took care of the problem. ty for
bringing this remnant to my attention. i'll inform Gregory at once.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Dustin Cook

Aug 25, 2007, 1:43:49 AM8/25/07

Subject: Re: The newbie's dilemma!
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:38:34 -0400

How Rude. *grin*

Dustin Cook

Aug 25, 2007, 1:48:01 AM8/25/07

> I think I'm going to need some help with this task.
>
> Any volunteers?

One is a dialup? account, the other is a dsl line. Likely the same
person... :)

I don't know why you wish to play detective here. Is there something to
gain from doing this?

It seems cloak and dagger like in nature to me.

Troll_Lady

Aug 25, 2007, 3:00:09 AM8/25/07
aw, just trying to help him out a little with his misconceptions.
he tried to scan my dsl ip, didn't succeed, so i gave him another, easier
one to try.
alas, he didn't succeed with that one either.
i could give him a few more but i'm sure he would get the same results.
no computer at that ip.
i'm probably another imposter now though.
TL

"Dustin Cook" <spamfilterine...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 25, 2007, 3:16:45 AM8/25/07
*Likely the same person... :)

i've only seen one other person who uses the nick Troll_Lady.
she's 20+ years younger than me.

TL

"Dustin Cook" <spamfilterine...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 25, 2007, 3:47:38 AM8/25/07
Now why on earth would someone with DSL use a dial-up account to post here?

"Cloak and Dagger"? Good way of putting things. <g>

Troll_Lady - the Administrator at Annexcafe - has strayed far from home to
monitor my posts here. I'd have thought 'she' (whoever the poster actually
is in reality) would be far too busy to follow the activities of someone
like me. I'm just intrigued to know why I'm perceived as being a threat,
either here on MS or over in 'that other place'.

Unless, of course, there really is something that they wish to remain
hidden. ;)

BD

Troll_Lady

Aug 25, 2007, 7:57:55 AM8/25/07
correction. i am NOT the Administrator at Annexcafe.

i'm sure if you did a google search, you could find many posts from me on
various MS groups over the years. long before you discovered the 'net.

i keep my dial up account for my email address. it's been the same address
since 1998.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 25, 2007, 8:24:00 AM8/25/07
It would seem that there is more than one of you then! I'm sorry if this is
another case of mistaken identity.

Instead of 'Googling' for the name only - I 'Googled' for "Troll_Lady
+Annexcafe"

Here is an example of what was found:
http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?p=3101124

Perhaps you will confirm that the Troll_Lady posting therein was NOT you
either. TIA.

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 25, 2007, 9:48:36 AM8/25/07
LMBO!
Troll_Lady is NOT my nick on Annexcafe, as you well know.

http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/microsoft.public.security.virus/2003-10/author.html#3842
Li
a.. Re: 4 hours (10/31/03)
a.. Re: 4 hours (10/30/03)
a.. Re: 4 hours (10/30/03)
a.. Re: 4 hours (10/30/03)
a.. 4 hours (10/30/03)
just a small example, BD.
you want answers to questions that are easily found using correct keywords.

pay attention to the dates you find for my posts here and other ms groups.
so, who has followed who where?

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 25, 2007, 10:52:50 AM8/25/07
Just let me get this straight, Troll_Lady.

You *do* post on Annexcafe, but with a different 'nick' - is that what you
mean?

Or do you mean that you have no connection with Annexcafe at all?

This is most confusing! :(

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 25, 2007, 11:07:19 AM8/25/07
Maybe I've solved this myself.

Here's a recent Internet Header. It shows quite clearly *your* IP address
and the fact that you are "Asst. Admin."
Not quite the same as being the actual Administator, but nearly right! Maybe
you will be promoted one day! <g>

No real arguement I fear (unless 'the other' Troll_Lady re-appears! <g>)

FWIW

BD

Subject: Re: dogagent
From: "TrolLi" <Asst...@Annexcafe.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:15:34 -0400
Newsgroups: annexcafe.uk.general.user2user

Troll_Lady

Aug 26, 2007, 2:21:01 AM8/26/07
i use TrolLi on Annexcafe newsgroups.
you know this very well.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 26, 2007, 2:22:31 AM8/26/07
what other Troll_Lady?

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

BoaterDave

Aug 26, 2007, 3:41:15 AM8/26/07
I must have missed your post Andrew. Sorry for my lack of response.

What I would have said at the time was "and here am I thinking that you
were/are the 'top dog' in your own U2U group". Seems like someone else is
keeping you and your posters 'under control'. Now I wonder why that is? <g>

David

I don't Delete. It is being dealt with by someone more senior than me.

--
Andrew Taylor
Toronto - Canada
~

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Ishie said, in your group, "It would please me greatly if the moderator
would remove this thread."

Are you going to remove same, Andrew?

BD

Dustin Cook

Aug 26, 2007, 4:33:59 AM8/26/07
"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in

> Now why on earth would someone with DSL use a dial-up account to post
> here?

Why wouldn't they? I have access to several dialup accounts, several dsl
lines and several cable modem lines. Not including various shell
accounts. Each one serves a purpose.

> "Cloak and Dagger"? Good way of putting things. <g>

It just seems to me that you have misunderstood a few things, and seem to
think someone is out to get you or something. I don't know, it's just
what I'm beginning to think.

> Troll_Lady - the Administrator at Annexcafe - has strayed far from
> home to monitor my posts here. I'd have thought 'she' (whoever the

I'm not clear as to what you mean by monitor your posts either. Does she
in some way have direct control over a usenet server? Is she sending
global cancellation notices against your posts? What exactly is it she's
doing?

> poster actually is in reality) would be far too busy to follow the
> activities of someone like me. I'm just intrigued to know why I'm
> perceived as being a threat, either here on MS or over in 'that other
> place'.

I'm lost. I haven't seen anyone claim you are a threat to them. Do you
have url references?

> Unless, of course, there really is something that they wish to remain
> hidden. ;)

Everyone has things they'd rather not have the entire world find out, I'm
sure. Everyone is human and we all make mistakes.

Btw, It's not a big deal to myself, as I'll fix your post as I reply, but
top-posting is often frowned upon because it interrupts the logical flow
of the conversation.

Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c

Email: bughunte...@gmail.com
Web..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
Pad..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/pad.xml

Dustin Cook

Aug 26, 2007, 4:38:14 AM8/26/07

> correction. i am NOT the Administrator at Annexcafe.
>
> i'm sure if you did a google search, you could find many posts from me
> on various MS groups over the years. long before you discovered the
> 'net.

MS didn't have newsgroups when I got on the net. *grin*

> i keep my dial up account for my email address. it's been the same
> address since 1998.

I have a yahoo account that's older. LoL.

Anyhow, I suspect the root of the problem is lack of understanding on
the part of BoaterDave. with regard to what's going on inside the
computer.

I don't mean this as an attack on him as everyone has to start
someplace. Eventually, I believe he will learn how various technologies
work and be less inclined to form the conclusions that he has
previously.

Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c

Email: bughunte...@gmail.com
Web..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
Pad..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/pad.xml

Troll_Lady

Aug 26, 2007, 8:10:55 AM8/26/07
i hope he takes the time to learn before tossing out any more of his
accusations.

now, i think i'll go back on topic and go check out your BugHunter.
TL

"Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 26, 2007, 8:03:15 AM8/26/07
you're surely not suggesting someone is impersonating me, are you?

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 26, 2007, 8:26:28 AM8/26/07
In-line replies

> "BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in
>
>> Now why on earth would someone with DSL use a dial-up account to post
>> here?
>
> Why wouldn't they? I have access to several dialup accounts, several dsl
> lines and several cable modem lines. Not including various shell
> accounts. Each one serves a purpose.

I'm obviously dumb about such things :( Over here in the UK I pay a monthly
fee to an ISP for Broadband connection to the Internet. All time 'on line' -
24/7 - is 'free'. Whilst I recognise that I could also use a dial-up
facility with any ISP, such time on line with them (via a telphone line)
will cost real 'extra' money, often on a 'per minute' basis. As someone with
limited income, I can identify no reason at all for incurring extra costs.

>> "Cloak and Dagger"? Good way of putting things. <g>
>
> It just seems to me that you have misunderstood a few things, and seem to
> think someone is out to get you or something. I don't know, it's just
> what I'm beginning to think.

'Tis the other way round, Dustin. I'm trying to identify the bad guys! :)

>> Troll_Lady - the Administrator at Annexcafe - has strayed far from
>> home to monitor my posts here. I'd have thought 'she' (whoever the
>
> I'm not clear as to what you mean by monitor your posts either. Does she
> in some way have direct control over a usenet server? Is she sending
> global cancellation notices against your posts? What exactly is it she's
> doing?

She has control over Annexcafe newsgroups and has the ability to remove any
posts which are deemed 'unacceptable' - especially those which are probing
for the truth. I have been banned from posting there and am abiding by that
request. Whilst others may think otherwise, I'm convinced that she is only
here in this thread because I'm here! <g>

>> poster actually is in reality) would be far too busy to follow the
>> activities of someone like me. I'm just intrigued to know why I'm
>> perceived as being a threat, either here on MS or over in 'that other
>> place'.
>
> I'm lost. I haven't seen anyone claim you are a threat to them. Do you
> have url references?

The bad guys are highly unlikely to admit it! <g> No urls yet I'm afraid.

>> Unless, of course, there really is something that they wish to remain
>> hidden. ;)
>
> Everyone has things they'd rather not have the entire world find out, I'm
> sure. Everyone is human and we all make mistakes.

Indeed. :)

> Btw, It's not a big deal to myself, as I'll fix your post as I reply, but
> top-posting is often frowned upon because it interrupts the logical flow
> of the conversation.

I do understand that, but feel it stems from habits in the past.When I first
ventured into a newsgroup (here on the MS boards) I'm sure I missed some
answers to my queries as I was totally unaware of 'bottom posting'. I'm
sure most folk can cope with either method, especially if they follow a
thread from the outset and get a 'feeling' for the subject matter. Thanks
for your advice though. :)

David

PS Lots of advertising for your programme in this thread, eh, Dustin? <G>

BoaterDave

Aug 26, 2007, 8:30:21 AM8/26/07
No!

"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 26, 2007, 9:07:59 AM8/26/07
another correction, BD.
i do not have control over Annexcafe newsgroups to remove any posts except
at board owners\moderators requests. boards are completely autonomous.

now, if you want to mention i have control to remove any posts from my own
boards, i won't dispute that.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 26, 2007, 9:10:56 AM8/26/07
thank you. progress.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 26, 2007, 9:28:48 AM8/26/07
YW :)

"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 26, 2007, 9:58:09 AM8/26/07
Ooops! Sorry, Li.

So who, now ......... EXACTLY .......... has the power to remove posts in
the UK U2U group?

Is Sysop Ann (very straight and fair in my opinion) still 'in charge' - with
power to delete posts? If not, *why* not?

Does Andrew Taylor, the group Moderator, now have power to delete posts? If
not, *why* not? (It's his group after all ........ isn't it?)

There was very little traffic on the UK group before my arrival - and there
has been very little since. No-one needed to view or respond to any post I
made. Why did so many 'supporters' suddenly appear from the US site to try
to silence me in my quest for the truth? Any idea?

Is Mr Gooden concerned about the views of a kook like me? If so, *why* do
you think that might be? He's nothing to hide ......... has he?

Failure to answer such simple queries is one of the reasons that you now
find me posting here. It would seem that K.Dee's request to Microsoft to
have me banned from the Internet has not (yet) been successful. Frustrating
for her, I suspect! :)

HTH

David

> another correction, BD.
> i do not have control over Annexcafe newsgroups to remove any posts except
> at board owners\moderators requests. boards are completely autonomous.
>
> now, if you want to mention i have control to remove any posts from my own
> boards, i won't dispute that.

<snip>

Troll_Lady

Aug 26, 2007, 6:16:36 PM8/26/07
nyob.
TL

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 26, 2007, 6:54:34 PM8/26/07
And you wonder why I'm suspicious of your motives! <g>

I presume you meant to post noyb (none of your business)

Why can you not just give an honest and straight-forward answer to simple
queries? It would save a great deal of effort on everyone's part.

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in message

Dustin Cook

Aug 27, 2007, 2:41:23 AM8/27/07

> I'm obviously dumb about such things :( Over here in the UK I pay a
> monthly fee to an ISP for Broadband connection to the Internet. All
> time 'on line' - 24/7 - is 'free'. Whilst I recognise that I could
> also use a dial-up facility with any ISP, such time on line with them
> (via a telphone line) will cost real 'extra' money, often on a 'per
> minute' basis. As someone with limited income, I can identify no
> reason at all for incurring extra costs.

In the usa, I don't have a per minute charge on the dialup lines. I
wouldn't be able to justify the cost of keeping them if I did. :)

As for the other lines, much of it has to do with what I do for a living.
Bandwidth is needed if your into computer repair. :)

>>> "Cloak and Dagger"? Good way of putting things. <g>
>>
>> It just seems to me that you have misunderstood a few things, and
>> seem to think someone is out to get you or something. I don't know,
>> it's just what I'm beginning to think.
>
> 'Tis the other way round, Dustin. I'm trying to identify the bad guys!
> :)

Ahh.. Okay. I haven't found any bad guys so far. so I'll continue to lurk
then. :)

> She has control over Annexcafe newsgroups and has the ability to
> remove any posts which are deemed 'unacceptable' - especially those

Again, that's not information I would have access too. I don't know
anything about annexcafe aside from the fact it appears to be some kind
of social networking site?

> and am abiding by that request. Whilst others may think otherwise, I'm
> convinced that she is only here in this thread because I'm here! <g>

I don't know anything about annexxcafe policys on users. I'm unfamiliar
with it aside from little things I've read here.

>> Btw, It's not a big deal to myself, as I'll fix your post as I reply,
>> but top-posting is often frowned upon because it interrupts the
>> logical flow of the conversation.
>
> I do understand that, but feel it stems from habits in the past.When I
> first ventured into a newsgroup (here on the MS boards) I'm sure I
> missed some answers to my queries as I was totally unaware of 'bottom
> posting'. I'm sure most folk can cope with either method, especially
> if they follow a thread from the outset and get a 'feeling' for the
> subject matter. Thanks for your advice though. :)

coping isn't the issue. I was just trying to keep you out of the flamer
fire for top posting. :)

> David
>
> PS Lots of advertising for your programme in this thread, eh, Dustin?

Apparently so. Not exactly intentional on my part, however. It's just a
signature to me. And the program is freeware. I don't expect to get rich
from voluntary donations. *grin*

Dustin Cook

Aug 27, 2007, 2:43:18 AM8/27/07

> aw, just trying to help him out a little with his misconceptions.

I really think the majority of it comes simply from not understanding how
things work. Instead of critizing, perhaps a bit of education would help?

> he tried to scan my dsl ip, didn't succeed, so i gave him another,
> easier one to try.

*shrug*. I made no effort to scan you. :) I just read the headers was all.
My post was really tongue in cheek. :)

> i could give him a few more but i'm sure he would get the same
> results. no computer at that ip.

No computer, or no response? :)

Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c

Email: bughunte...@gmail.com
Web..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
Pad..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/pad.xml

BoaterDave

Aug 27, 2007, 4:48:55 AM8/27/07
Thank you for all your comments, Dustin. (I'll cope with any flames! <g>)

Most folk here ignore me anyay I suspect! <wink>

David

"Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 27, 2007, 4:51:38 AM8/27/07
ah, he' new to playing with ip scanners.
he's looking for 'vulnerable' computers so he can tell them about the 'bad
guys'.

to me, no computer at that ip is no response.
is there a difference?

i'm willing to help him technically, i'm not willing to gossip with him so
i'm a bad guy.
(in my case it should be a bad lady, but... )

"Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 27, 2007, 5:05:25 AM8/27/07
you want to gossip. your queries are personal and don't belong in
newsgroups.
why don't you email the people you want information from and stop asking me
for information about them? i do answer your queries about me and i correct
your assumptions when they're wrong.

your questions would be like me asking you 'where does wife shop? 'where do
you do your banking?' 'what do you do in your free time and where?' simple
queries, but ones i would hope you would refuse to answer!

it's your insistence that folks give you personal details that raises their
hackles. it's not safe on the 'net, giving you personal information gives it
to millions. why do you think people would want to do that? it doesn't make
them 'bad guys' just because they won't answer such questions.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 27, 2007, 5:16:36 AM8/27/07
www.annexcafe.com
newsgroups & chat. private server. registration needed.

www.dogagent.com
newsgroups on a private server, open to the public.

both servers friendly to each other, both carry groups for the other in case
one is down for whatever reason. both will honor each others bans.

this is suspicious to BD.

he is even more suspicious because he doesn't understand how i can be staff
for both servers.

he had his identity stolen and rather than blame his own inexperience on
line, he insists 'we' did it and he's going to prove it.

TL

BoaterDave

Aug 27, 2007, 8:18:34 AM8/27/07
"he had his identity stolen" ............ that is TRUE.
'Trojan.Java.ByteVer.R' was identified as the culprit.

"and rather than blame his own inexperience on line, he insists 'we' did it

and he's going to prove it." ........... that is NOT true!

Recognising my inexperience, I set out to determine more about 'malware' and
try to discover just *how* I may have got a Trojan on my PC. I thought that
I had been careful, using Zone Alarm, AVG anti-virus, Ad-Aware and Spybot
amongst others. Oh yes, and a new facility then called Prevx. Insufficient
protection as it turned out!

Few stones have been left unturned (just google for BoaterDave and you'll
find many hundreds of my posts - I didn't ever think to do that less than
two years ago - how naive was that! <g>).

A suspicious email invited me to A/C U2U. I went simply out of curiosity. I
asked many questions. Although I learnt a grate deal from many helpful
people, some questions drew a blank and some folk became irritated. A person
or persons unknown was later able, somehow, to disable my PC whilst I was
connected to U2U through a modem and OE6. Not once, but on a number of
occasions. My quest is to determine just *how* it was done. By whom is
another matter, probably best left to the police.

Any help will be much appreciated. :)

> www.annexcafe.com
> newsgroups & chat. private server. registration needed.
>
> www.dogagent.com
> newsgroups on a private server, open to the public.
>
> both servers friendly to each other, both carry groups for the other in
> case
> one is down for whatever reason. both will honor each others bans.
>
> this is suspicious to BD.
>
> he is even more suspicious because he doesn't understand how i can be
> staff
> for both servers.
>
> he had his identity stolen and rather than blame his own inexperience on
> line, he insists 'we' did it and he's going to prove it.
>
> TL

<snip>

Troll_Lady

Aug 27, 2007, 1:57:32 PM8/27/07
when i was strictly dial up, using a modem, i would get disconnected quite
often.
i soon learned to keep temp files cleaned, because i would get disconnected
trying to open a web page.
reconnect, open another page, disconnected again.

then, of course, isp's will disconnect you at any time if they feel you've
been 'inactive' or don't reply to their ping. (firewall)

you being disconnected while reading a news group would be a coincidence,
not a malicious attack.

TL

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 27, 2007, 2:47:18 PM8/27/07
You are either *pretending* to be stupid Li, or you really are - which is
it? :)

I'd like to apologise for my spelling of 'great' in my original post. Sorry
about that.

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 27, 2007, 4:22:12 PM8/27/07
ok.
so much for your comment 'any help would be appreciated'

why would someone disconnect you if they wanted access to your computer?
a computer needs to be connected to be attacked.
(unless you insert a disc off line that is infected.)

so, to be safe, just disconnect your computer and you'll be fine.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

BR

Aug 27, 2007, 6:39:16 PM8/27/07
You are indeed a clueless dofuss.

Research your telly.

It broadcasts 24/7 to the queen.

BoaterDave

Aug 27, 2007, 6:49:54 PM8/27/07
Hello again, PCButts1 - you don't seem to be offering much help or advice.
Best keep out of this thread. :)

BD

"BR" <no...@Glochester.non> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 28, 2007, 3:25:13 AM8/28/07
you were given a few simple answers as to why your dial up modem would
disconnect.
there are many more.

a malicious attack on your computer is not one of them.
again, anyone wanting to harm your computer and\or steal your identity would
want you connected.

whine to google
"why does my dial up modem disconnect"

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Yet again, Li, you failed to answer my simple question.

I therefore guess you aren't *pretending* at all. <g>

BD

*****************************
"Troll_Lady" <T...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 28, 2007, 4:02:18 AM8/28/07
I don't mind you constantly replying with useless comments, Li. :)

At no time did I mention a 'dial-up' modem. I was connected to *Broadband*
via a modem supplied by my ISP (at that time Wanadoo, now Orange) - I *was*
connected and, as you mentioned (correctly) succeptible to attack.

My PC *was* attacked.

Perhaps you know why? ............... but then I'm quite sure you wouldn't
tell others here! <g>

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in message

BR

Aug 28, 2007, 5:11:36 AM8/28/07
Do you own this server?
Then don't try to issue commands.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Troll_Lady

Aug 28, 2007, 9:14:30 AM8/28/07
why? of course i'll answer and have, repeatedly.

maybe you visited an infected web site, or you clicked 'click this to
protect your pc!' or you opened an attachment from an unknown or even a
known person and infected yourself. maybe you didn't keep your computer up
to date with all patches. maybe you got 'caught' the day before your av
updated for whatever it was YOU picked up.

so, your question of why goes right back to you, the one using your
computer.

if you want to know how\why it could be done by another person, this isn't
the group for that. does your isp carry any of the alt.hackers.* groups? if
so, they might tell you how\why it was done.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 28, 2007, 10:27:28 AM8/28/07
I despair Troll_Lady.

However, I'll reiterate just one more time so that other reader here will
know *exactly* what was meant.

My PC was 'attacked', and put out of service (for a time) by a person
unknown who was operating from the US site of the Annexcafe User2User
newsgroup. (annexcafe.general.user2user).

Nowhere else. I have no doubt.

As I've said on numerous occasions now, 'The truth *will* out'

BD

> why? of course I know!

Troll_Lady

Aug 28, 2007, 1:22:26 PM8/28/07
i have no doubt that you are mistaken.

you need to learn about servers, newsgroups and security.
until you have, and can type with some knowledge, your quest will be full of
despair.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 28, 2007, 1:37:22 PM8/28/07
I'll need some help then! <g>

Any volunteers here?

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Aug 28, 2007, 3:53:05 PM8/28/07
You, Sir, were 'presuming' my answer! <g>

I made a suggestion only. I have never *tried* to issue commands, ever -
I've either issued commands or, if appropriate, obeyed them.

BD
"BR" <no...@Glochester.non> wrote in message

BR

Aug 28, 2007, 4:44:25 PM8/28/07
You are so lost even a high end GPS unit will not bring you back.

"BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Dustin Cook

Aug 30, 2007, 5:32:50 PM8/30/07

> ah, he' new to playing with ip scanners.
> he's looking for 'vulnerable' computers so he can tell them about the
> 'bad guys'.
>
> to me, no computer at that ip is no response.
> is there a difference?

Well, if I get destination host unreachable; I know it's dead, if I get no
response instead, I know a computer is present, behind a firewall; If I
were malicious, I'd explore it further. :)

> i'm willing to help him technically, i'm not willing to gossip with
> him so i'm a bad guy.
> (in my case it should be a bad lady, but... )

I really don't know anything about the issues between you two. I'm neutral.

I'll offer advice/help when I can do so. :)

BoaterDave

Aug 31, 2007, 8:53:58 AM8/31/07
I understand that there are 'control' problems over on 'Wormhole' now -
annexcafe.sff.wormhole

I'm amazed that Li/Trolli/Troll_Lady has enough hours in the day to deal
with all her Administrative duties - all voluntary, un-paid, work so I was
once told. Hardly time for Real Life at all, I suspect! We are so lucky to
have such folk willing to protect our interests, don't you think? <g>

BD

>I must have missed your post Andrew. Sorry for my lack of response.
>
> What I would have said at the time was "and here am I thinking that you
> were/are the 'top dog' in your own U2U group". Seems like someone else is
> keeping you and your posters 'under control'. Now I wonder why that is?
> <g>
>
> David
>

> "Andrew Taylor" <andrewcr...@spamcopSUBVERSIVE.com> wrote in message
> I don't Delete. It is being dealt with by someone more senior than me.
>
> --
> Andrew Taylor
> Toronto - Canada
> ~

> "BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> Ishie said, in your group, "It would please me greatly if the moderator
> would remove this thread."
>
> Are you going to remove same, Andrew?
>
> BD

Troll_Lady

Aug 31, 2007, 12:07:28 PM8/31/07
ok. i have some questions i'd like to ask but they would be better suited
for public.security.homeusers.
i don't have that group on this server.
if i see that you also sub that group, i'll post a ping?
thanks!
TL

snipped extra.

Well, if I get destination host unreachable; I know it's dead, if I get no
response instead, I know a computer is present, behind a firewall; If I
were malicious, I'd explore it further. :)

I'll offer advice/help when I can do so. :)

Troll_Lady

Aug 31, 2007, 12:08:54 PM8/31/07
you understand nothing.
how you have enough hours in a day to follow me all over, i'll never know.

Troll_Lady

Aug 31, 2007, 12:25:35 PM8/31/07
i don't see you there.
if you do sub that group, please ping me?
thanks,
TL

"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in message

Tom Willett

Aug 31, 2007, 12:43:27 PM8/31/07
If you subscribe directly to the MS news servers, you'll see that group.

BoaterDave

Aug 31, 2007, 2:41:12 PM8/31/07
I'm just lucky, I guess, to have nothing to hide .......... nor fear! <g>

The truth will out, Li!

BD

"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Sep 1, 2007, 3:00:10 AM9/1/07
FYI - McAfee 'Site Adviser' (part of the McAfee Security Suite) flagged a
Warning on the link provided here by Troll_Lady.

The link was copied and pasted into IE7 (not clicked upon!)

Perhaps others with the PC skills to identify 'malware' could check this
item and report 'their' findings. Is it possible the McAfee found a false
positive?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Dave

> [...]

>> actually
>> is in reality) would be far too busy to follow the activities of someone
>> like me. I'm just intrigued to know why I'm perceived as being a threat,
>> either here on MS or over in 'that other place'.
>>
>> Unless, of course, there really is something that they wish to remain
>> hidden. ;)
>>
>> BD

>> "Dustin Cook" <spamfilterine...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> "BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in

>>> One is a dialup? account, the other is a dsl line. Likely the same
>>> person... :)
>>>
>>> I don't know why you wish to play detective here. Is there something to
>>> gain from doing this?
>>>
>>> It seems cloak and dagger like in nature to me.
>>>
>>> --

>>> Dustin Cook
>>> Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c

Troll_Lady

Sep 1, 2007, 4:24:53 AM9/1/07
hi, Tom.
i do sub that group on this server.
however, it doesn't show in any of my other Usenet accounts for some reason.
my security questions to Dustin would be off topic here.
thanks!
TL

"Tom Willett" <tomp...@mvps.invalid> wrote in message

BoaterDave

Sep 1, 2007, 4:46:25 AM9/1/07
Hi TL

Most of what's in this thread is way OT anyway, so I'm sure no-one will be
upset if you ask your questions of Dustin right here. What would you like to
know?

BD
"Troll_Lady" <TL...@DogAgent.com> wrote in message

Sandy Mann

Sep 1, 2007, 9:03:44 AM9/1/07

> Most of what's in this thread is way OT anyway

I wonder whose fault that is?
--

Sandy

Dustin Cook

Sep 1, 2007, 12:53:15 PM9/1/07

> FYI - McAfee 'Site Adviser' (part of the McAfee Security Suite)
> flagged a Warning on the link provided here by Troll_Lady.
>
> The link was copied and pasted into IE7 (not clicked upon!)

I'd strongly recommend discontinuing use of IE whenever possible. Using
Opera or firefox is certainly a safer option.

> Perhaps others with the PC skills to identify 'malware' could check
> this item and report 'their' findings. Is it possible the McAfee found
> a false positive?

I have found that the site advisor is a bit paranoid and it's data isn't
always accurate. I do not believe troll lady is trying to infect you or
anyone else with that link.

Dave, shoot me an email, I'd like to offer some help in basic networking
and security; as I see alot of your issue really is lack of
understanding, and we can fix that without further name calling between
yourself and a few other posters. Ok?

Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c

Email: bughunte...@gmail.com
Web..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
Pad..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/pad.xml

Dustin Cook

Sep 1, 2007, 1:00:23 PM9/1/07
"Troll_Lady" <T...@Invalid.anywhere.nowhere.inalid.net> wrote in

> ok. i have some questions i'd like to ask but they would be better
> suited for public.security.homeusers.
> i don't have that group on this server.
> if i see that you also sub that group, i'll post a ping?
> thanks!
> TL
>
> snipped extra.
>
> "Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> Well, if I get destination host unreachable; I know it's dead, if I
> get no response instead, I know a computer is present, behind a
> firewall; If I were malicious, I'd explore it further. :)
>
> I'll offer advice/help when I can do so. :)

I have crossposted this to that newsgroup as you requested so they can
benefit from the information as well. Feel free to continue the
questions.

Kerry Brown

Sep 1, 2007, 2:39:05 PM9/1/07

> "BoaterDave" <Boate...@nospam.invalid> wrote in
>
>> FYI - McAfee 'Site Adviser' (part of the McAfee Security Suite)
>> flagged a Warning on the link provided here by Troll_Lady.
>>
>> The link was copied and pasted into IE7 (not clicked upon!)
>
> I'd strongly recommend discontinuing use of IE whenever possible. Using
> Opera or firefox is certainly a safer option.

As a blanket statement this is false. IE7 in Vista with UAC on is safer than
any other current browser in Vista. Even in Windows XP some people dispute
that Firefox is safer than IE7. Much depends on the state of updates for
both browser's, the OS, and any browser add-ons.

A better statement would be to not blindly click on any links in any
newsgroups. Here's a fairly safe method to open links posted in a newsgroup.
I think this method would satisfy even Boaterdave's paranoia. Read
newsgroups in plain text so it's very hard to obfuscate a link. Check out
the domain in the link with a Google search but don't click on any links in
the search results. Start a virtual machine that runs linux or better yet
boot up your linux computer that is not connected to your network and uses a
dial up connection. Open an up to date version of Opera with no add-ons
installed. Type the text of the link from the newsgroup post into this
browser. Pray to whatever Gods you believe in that today is your lucky day.
Press the Enter key. Immediately upon finishing reading the web page shut
down the computer or vm and wipe it out in case it got infected or the web
site may have logged your IP address and passed it on to someone who would
use it for malicious purposes.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

BoaterDave

Sep 1, 2007, 6:07:03 PM9/1/07
Hi Kerry - just HOW did you *do* that?

I'd just love to know how it's done! <g>

BD

BoaterDave

Sep 1, 2007, 6:23:07 PM9/1/07
OK, Dustin. I really will appreciate some help. TIA

David

Peter Foldes

Sep 1, 2007, 7:57:22 PM9/1/07
very big :-)