Problems for using SubInAcl.

hill

Aug 26, 2008, 9:19:01 AM8/26/08
Hi everyone,

I have some questions about SubInAcl.

1.

I use SubInAcl to modify DACL of registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1.

Before I begin to use SubInAcl, there has existed a ACE for user Everyone
has full
control permission.

After I run the command line:

subinacl /regkey HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1 /deny=everyone=c

I found the behavior of SubInAcl is that delete the old ACL for user everyone
and create a new ACE for everyone with Create SubKey pemission.

Is it possible to let SubInAcl not to delete the old ACE.

In addition, is it possible to specify inheritance flags and propagation flags
for ACE by SubInAcl?

Thanks.

2.

I play SubInAcl with two registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1\2

I add a DACE: Everyone FullControl by following command:

subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1 /grant=everyone=f

But when I take a look at permission of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1\2 in regedit,
there's no
user everyone displayed. Then I re-add user everyone to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1
by
regedit.exe, I can see user everyone in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1\2.

Then I modify permission of user everyone to read for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1 by
SubInAcl, the permission of inherited user everyone in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1\2 is
not changed. But if I modify permission of user everyone to read for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1 by regedit, the permission of inherited user everyone in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\1\2 is changed.

Is it possible to let SubInAcl work same as regedit?

kalyan

Sep 5, 2008, 3:23:52 AM9/5/08
Hi

Can you tried this syntex

http://www.analogduck.com/main/node/316/print

Warm Regards
Kalyan
E-Mail:reach2...@live.com

"hill" <hi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

hill

Sep 6, 2008, 10:45:00 PM9/6/08
There's no syntax error in my application.