Count the number of polka-dots on an equilatteral triangle.
Ready to run Fortran 77 program software, using double
precision and extended precision versions. Complete
with source code in listing format and the original
extended precision subroutine source code.
Sumation N = N*N + N all over 2, where N=1,2,3,..N
(C) Copyright Tony Lance 2000
To comply with my copyright, please distribute
complete and free of charge.
Big Bertha Thing postings
Depleted uranium shells were once used at great cost,
in terms of Gulf War Syndrome.
At Agincourt the English long bow took a large toll,
due to the arrows being armour-piercing and re-useable.
The above shells were armour-piercing,
but can hardly be called re-useable
and should not have been used once.
Big Bertha Thing posting features;-
1. Ornate Engraving and Scrollwork.
4. Zero casualties.
11. Start of Thread.
12. Brand Name.
13. Banned on moderators conference.
14. Whole moderators thread deleted,
with the exception of tenure posting.
15. Tenure read only request withdrawn.
16. 2K Anecdote (Assault Rifle Bullet and detonator.) Day 23
17. 4K Preface (Anecdote and Attachment description.) Day 24
18. 50K Attachment
(Powder charge for shell with detonator.) Days 1 - 20
19. 600K Attachment
(powder charge for bomb with detonator.) Days 21, 22
20. 50K postings pair, with 12 on-topic and 6 off-topic.
Hydrogen bomb (2 shells with jacket of water; H2O) Days 25, 26
21. Odd configurations. (Landmine, boobytrap and armistice terms.)
22. Zip disc spanning.
(Manual operation encryption technique.) Day 21, 22
23. Potential CD-Rom triology.
24. Astrophysics web-ring web site.
25. PI web-ring web site with software.
26. Web publisher for unpublished scientific works,
27. Particle periodic table research project with results
28. First Aid Tent for Spam Attack Victim Support Group.
29. Sesame Street beat Darth Vader twice.
(1st and 2nd Battles of Cyberspace.)
30. To the victor the spoils; a web site built on them.
(level 2 HTML)
31. Politics makes poor science.
From: Tony Lance <jude...@bigberthathing.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Big Bertha Thing redoubt
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:37:41 +0100
Big Bertha Thing indomitable
(1938) about biography of Lord Grey of Falloden
Lord Grey of Falloden sprang from a Northumberland family of country
who for generations had played a part in public affairs.
His own pleasures lay in the country, but his sense of duty drove him into
He was happiest fishing for trout, and watching wild birds,
but once he was a member of parliament his abilities and character
won for him a prominence that gave him little time for such pursuits.
From 1905 to 1916 Lord Grey was Foreign Secretary.
It is strange that the man whose heart was never entirely in politics
should have risen to such a high office, should have held it so long,
and in such crucial years.
It is possible to consider Lord Grey's life as a failure.
His sense of duty prevented him from living the life he loved.
His efforts to preserve the peace of Europe suffered the defeat of August
that darkened the rest of his life.
He sacrificed his eyesight in his wartime service in the government.
When at last release came, and he returned to his birds and books,
he could no longer see them. Domestic griefs beset him.
Yet as our extract from his biography shows,
from this tragic material his serene and strong nature
won a greatness that is an inspiration and splendid example.(Two extracts
He was equally cut off from books, of which as life advanced he had grown
scarcely less fond.
I classify the different parts of my body as being
of different ages, as thus:
99 Sense of smell
56 Sense of Hearing (My age)
45 Heart and lungs
It makes an unequal team to get along with.
Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/