How do I check is 'wscript.stdout' is writable ?

R.Wieser

Jul 10, 2022, 5:33:46 AM7/10/22
Hello all,

I've got some code that I would like to be able to call from both GUI as
well as console. In it I've got "wscript.stdout.writeline". When started
in the GUI it throws an "invalid handle" error (which I understand).

My question : how do I check if "wscript.stdout" contains a valid handle ?

Remark: I've found a work-around (if {this} is false do not call {that}"),
but rather have a direct check which covers /all/ cases - edge ones or not.

Also, I'd rather not wait for errors to be thrown and than catch them.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser