Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

Close Excel without being prompted to save

2 491 visningar

Jon Nash

oläst,
20 mars 2001 16:42:572001-03-20
till
I am using VBScript to open an Excel workbook, print it and close Excel.
But when Excel closes it always asks if I want to save changes. Can I turn
off this prompt somehow in the script, or automatically answer 'no'? Thanks
in advance, Jon Nash

Here is the code I'm using-

Dim oExcel
sSourceFile = "C:\temp2\TPBatchB.xls"
Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oExcel.Visible = True

oExcel.Workbooks.Add sSourceFile

oExcel.Workbooks(1).ActiveSheet.PrintOut

oExcel.Workbooks.Close
oExcel.Quit
Set wBook = Nothing
Set oExcel = Nothing

Tom Lavedas

oläst,
20 mars 2001 17:23:342001-03-20
till
Jon Nash wrote:

> I am using VBScript to open an Excel workbook, print it and close Excel.
> But when Excel closes it always asks if I want to save changes. Can I turn
> off this prompt somehow in the script, or automatically answer 'no'? Thanks
> in advance, Jon Nash
>
> Here is the code I'm using-
>
> Dim oExcel
> sSourceFile = "C:\temp2\TPBatchB.xls"
> Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
> oExcel.Visible = True
>
> oExcel.Workbooks.Add sSourceFile
>
> oExcel.Workbooks(1).ActiveSheet.PrintOut
'****************
oExcel.DisplayAlerts = False
'****************

> oExcel.Workbooks.Close
> oExcel.Quit
> Set wBook = Nothing
> Set oExcel = Nothing

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Jon Nash

oläst,
21 mars 2001 08:05:492001-03-21
till
Actually I've tried that and it still prompts me to save changes. If that's
supposed to work, I dont know why it doesnt???

"Tom Lavedas" <lav...@pressroom.com> wrote in message

Tom Lavedas

oläst,
21 mars 2001 10:19:092001-03-21
till
Okay. It took me a while, but I finally found it! The DisplayAlerts
property is not sufficient (necessary?), but there is a way - from the
VBA Help:

Saved Property

True if no changes have been made to the specified workbook since it was
last saved. Read/write Boolean.

Remarks

If a workbook has never been saved, its Path property returns an empty
string ("").

You can set this property to True if you want to close a modified
workbook without either saving it or being prompted to save it.

Saved Property Example

This example displays a message if the active workbook contains unsaved
changes.

If Not ActiveWorkbook.Saved Then
MsgBox "This workbook contains unsaved changes."
End If

This example closes the workbook that contains the example code and
discards any changes to the workbook by setting the Saved property to
True.

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
ThisWorkbook.Close

Jon Nash