command error,,,

Julio Gonzalez

Aug 13, 2003, 11:10:56 PM8/13/03
Hi All,

I have the following code in my ASP page. The problem is that when I execute
the command I get an error saying
"Item can not be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name
or ordinal"

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance

'***************
'Open connectoin
'***************
sub OpenDB

'Instantiate obj vars
set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
set comm = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

'Open DB
'conn.Open "advertisementDB"
conn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=ROBERTODELL;Initial
Catalog=AdvertisingDB;User ID=sa"

'Call to help Function on gen_functions.asp
end sub

'***********
'Setup SProc
'***********
sub SetupProcedure(strProcName)

'Setup procedure
comm.ActiveConnection = conn
comm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
comm.CommandText = strProcName
comm.Parameters.Refresh

end sub

'********************
'Fill Proc Parameters
'********************
sub FillParameters

'Fill parameters and Execute command

command.Parameters.append
command.Parameters.createparameter("return",adInteger,adParamReturnValue,4)
command.Parameters.append
command.Parameters.createparameter("@UserID",adVarchar,adParamInput,20) =
request.form("edtName")
command.Parameters.append
command.Parameters.createparameter("@Password",adVarchar,adParamInput,30,
request.form("edtPassword"))
command.Parameters.append
command.Parameters.createparameter("@URL",adVarchar,adParamOuput,255, "")

end sub

'*****
'*****
sub Login
on error resume next

'Fill parameters based in form
FillParameters

'Execute command... be ready to display exceptions generated by DB
comm.Execute

IsValid = comm.Parameters("return")

'If an error happened in DB
if err.Number <> 0 then
DisplayForm
"</font></center>"

'No errors, save session var and redirect
else
if IsValid = 0 then
SaveAndRedirect
else
if IsValid = 1 then
DisplayForm
Again. </font></center>"
else
if IsValid = 2 then
Contact your administrator. </font></center>"
end if
end if
end if
end if

end sub

Joe Fawcett

Aug 14, 2003, 7:19:25 AM8/14/03
The line where you create @UserId parameter looks wrong. Did you include
adovbs.inc in this page?

--

Joe
"Julio Gonzalez" <jcqu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bob Barrows

Aug 14, 2003, 7:38:30 AM8/14/03
I've written a utility to generate the CreateParameter statements for you.
It's available at:
http://www.thrasherwebdesign.com/index.asp?pi=links&hp=links.asp&c=&a=clear

HTH,
Bob Barrows
PS. Make sure you have the ado constants defined, either by #including the
adovbs.inc file, or using the technique described here:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2112