Online VBS to EXE converter.

www....@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2008, 5:38:48 PM3/8/08
Check out this online FREE vbs 2 exe tool !!

http://www.vbs2exe.com/

Regards,
Sa6ry

mr_unreliable

Mar 10, 2008, 1:02:43 PM3/10/08

www....@gmail.com wrote:
> Check out this online FREE vbs 2 exe tool !!
>
> http://www.vbs2exe.com/

That's very neat, Mr Sa6ry.

I would be nice to know how it's done, for various reasons.
For one (academic) -- to satisfy curiosity. For another
(avoiding viruses, trojans, worms, etc) it would be nice
to know that something is not being surreptitiously inserted
into the binary that could be harmful when we attempt to run
the exe.

There was a script at the website, that is apparently
constructing the exe for us. It was apparently recoded
using an "obfuscator" (or else the writer liked to think
in abstruse symbology) -- because it appears exceedingly
difficult to make any sense of it, let alone "reverse
engineer" it.

Apparently a utility called "xnHost" is being used, which
contains an implementation of the script hosting interfaces
"IActiveScript" etc. In addition, there are xnHost methods
and properties available for calling api's, and even
constructing typedefs (gasp!).

Apparently Mr Sa6ry is not willing to share how he works
his magic. And so, without any source code, one can only
recommend this site to those who have an appetite for
leading a very risky life.

cheers, jw

Sa6ry

Mar 11, 2008, 7:43:00 AM3/11/08
Hello mr_unreliable,

Thanks for your nice words & review.

The idea is very simple & is part of my xNeat project @ www.xneat.com

Simply i wrote another wscript.exe ( wscript.exe execute vbs files under
windows ) and instead of passing the script file as argument to wscript.exe ,
it is embedded in the exe itself as a recourse.

And the recourse itself is encrypted using 128 key.

Also i exposed a COM object named xnHost, through which you can call win32
API . i take the argument then call LoadLibrary API .. etc.

Another point you mentioned, how you can make sure the result EXE doesn't
contains anything harmful. actually i can find nothing but my words that it
doesn't !, the same as any freeware utility you download. how can you make
sure it doesn't contain any ?!

another point, how the exe is generated. i have exe template on server. i
read it update the recourse then encrypt it ( very simple )

Anyway, i am working now on adding JScript & HTML support. so you can
convert any html, css, jscript, vbscript to exe.

Now comes a Qes: why all this ?
for me i did so because, i HATE the gui coding using c#, vc++ very boring.
so currently i wrote my core applications as dlls and my GUI using HTML &
JScript ( with the ability to call win32 API from jscript, which mean i can
call my dlls easily ).

for others there still a lot:
1- if you want to call win32API no need to use dynacall.dll which require
COM registration and means extra dll beside your vbs. also dynacall doesn't
support win32 Struct.
2- hide / encrypt your vbs files ( i have a friend of mine who liked vbs2exe
a lot since he will be able to encrypt the vbs files before he deliver them
to his clients.(he works in deploying management system )
3- if you write your application using .hta, you will have a lot of warnings
especially if you run it under windows Vista, vbs2exe doesn't suffer from
this.

That is all :)

I am open to any questions.

Thanks mr_unreliable & i hope my answer is detailed enough.

Regards,
Sa6ry

Massi

Mar 11, 2008, 8:19:22 AM3/11/08
On 11 Mar, 12:43, Sa6ry <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am open to any questions.

will it be possibile to encrypt and HTA application?
(or at least encrypt the VBscript included in a HTA application and
have the HTA still working..)

Thanks :)

Sa6ry

Mar 11, 2008, 8:37:01 AM3/11/08
Yes it will, i am working on it now ( assume to finish it within a week at
most )

Everything will be encrypted .HTA, .HTML, .CSS, GIF , .JS, .VBS ..etc

Regards,
Sa6ry

Massi

Mar 11, 2008, 9:32:12 AM3/11/08
On 11 Mar, 13:37, Sa6ry <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Yes it will, i am working on it now ( assume to finish it within a week at
> most )
>
> Everything will be encrypted .HTA, .HTML, .CSS, GIF , .JS, .VBS ..etc

very nice!

tgytrfe...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2016, 7:46:08 PM2/15/16

Kerr Mudd-John

Feb 24, 2016, 3:47:13 PM2/24/16
Does it still work 8 years later?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

finleyb...@gmail.com

May 2, 2016, 1:14:19 PM5/2/16
is the download safe..?

Evertjan.

May 2, 2016, 6:08:41 PM5/2/16
finleyb...@gmail.com wrote on 02 May 2016 in
microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript:
No, if you need to ask, as why should you get a safer answer?

btw, why want an exe of a vbScript,
that's wat VB is for, not VBS.

--
Evertjan.