Embedding Windows Script Host

Marvin Landman

Aug 23, 2009, 2:31:23 PM8/23/09

I would like to embed Windows Script Host into my application. I was
able to find examples on using Windows Script Control but that seems to
be a separate wrapper around Windows Script Host.

I would be happy if you could point me to some documentation or sample
code on how to use Windows Script Host. I am fine with C/C++ code as
well as Visual Basic 6.

I also was unable to find documentation about the interfaces necessary
to implement my own scripting language like ActivePerl did for example.
Please help me regarding that as well.

Thanks.

Regards,
Marvin

Steven Cheng

Aug 24, 2009, 5:50:17 AM8/24/09
Hi Marvin,

As for adding dynamic scripting functions in own application, so far what
I've found is using teh Active Scripting interfaces via ATL COM object.
Here are some articles describing this:

#How to add support for hosting VBScript to an ATL application
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223139

#Adding Macro Scripting language support to existing ATL/WTL Application
https://www.codeproject.com/KB/wtl/atlscripthost.aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msd...@microsoft.com.

--------------------
>Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:31:23 +0200
>From: Marvin Landman <mar...@newsgroup.nospam>
>Subject: Embedding Windows Script Host

Marvin Landman

Aug 27, 2009, 12:59:46 PM8/27/09
Hi Steven,

Thank you very much for your reply regarding embedding Windows Script
Host, I am very happy with the articles you have found.

I would appreciate if you could obtain some information regarding adding
my own scripting language to Windows Script Host:

>> I also was unable to find documentation about the interfaces necessary
>> to implement my own scripting language like ActivePerl did for example.
>> Please help me regarding that as well.

Thanks.

Marvin

Steven Cheng

Aug 28, 2009, 3:01:43 AM8/28/09
Thanks for your reply Marvin,

As for the "adding your own scripting language", do you mean that add a
custom script language with own grammar and syntatx? The current interface
I found for script host integration all use the current windows script
engine and supported languages(such as vbscript, jscript).

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msd...@microsoft.com.

>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:59:46 +0200
>Subject: Re: Embedding Windows Script Host

Marvin Landman

Aug 28, 2009, 4:13:33 AM8/28/09

Basically I mean a custom scripting language with own grammar and syntax
but I only need help to integrate an existing language
interpreter/engine with Windows Script Host. This must be possible
because ActivePerl (a third party product) is able to integrate with
Windows Script Host.