Insert/Copy a Page from another Publisher File

Lisa Kassell

Feb 27, 2002, 12:47:06 AM2/27/02
I want to copy/insert pages into a publisher file from
another publisher file. Anyone know a quick way of doing
it without actually copying and pasting.

ー涛MSPublisher@athehotmailcompany.com涛ー

Feb 27, 2002, 3:03:40 AM2/27/02
There is no other way.

Get a Hardy's or a Brown Bros red and you will enjoy doing it.

You are in the best country for a quality red wine and a good piece of
fillet steak.

--
Publisher Template and Sample files
http://www.users.bigpond.com/ausirion/

Tom Serface (MVP)

Feb 27, 2002, 12:45:08 PM2/27/02
Lisa,

You can open two copies of Publisher and cut/paste between them pretty
easily (object by object or page by page or even the whole thing). You can
also insert text box anywhere and then do Insert/Text File into that box
with another .txt or .pub (or other extension types) documents. I don't
know a way to only snag certain pages other than copy/paste or mark/drag.
If you use the drag between documents method remember not to save your
original documents because Publisher will move the objects you drag from one
file to the other.

Tom

"Lisa Kassell" <lisa.k...@bowen-groves.com.au> wrote in message

Brian Kvalheim - [MVP]

Feb 27, 2002, 12:48:45 PM2/27/02
FYI Tom ;-),

If you hold down the CTRL key while you drag, that will keep a copy in the
original ;-)

--
Brian Kvalheim
Email: mspub...@msn.com

"Tom Serface (MVP)" <tser...@msn.com> wrote in message

Tom Serface (MVP)

Feb 27, 2002, 6:25:21 PM2/27/02
Cool. I looked in the help for words like "dragging" and "copy", but I
couldn't find anything. I also looked through the keyboard short cuts, did
search on ctrl, control, mouse, etc. It's cool that Pub has this feature,
but they should tell a guy about it... :) I did find help about the
Shift+drag thing (going in a straight line) and after experimenting I found
out I can even do Shift+Ctrl+drag to copy in a straight line. Alt+drag
didn't seem to do anything.

Hey, at least my answer was better than the one about getting a mediocre
beer and trying to make the best of it.

:)

Tom

"Brian Kvalheim - [MVP]" <mspub...@msn.com> wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Feb 27, 2002, 6:57:21 PM2/27/02
This is actually a Windows-wide convention. Ctrl+drag always drags a copy.
Shift+drag moves even when the default would be to copy (as in the case of
dragging files from one drive to another in Explorer).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Tom Serface (MVP)" <tser...@msn.com> wrote in message

Tom Serface (MVP)

Feb 27, 2002, 7:46:54 PM2/27/02
Thanks. I knew about it for other Windows things, but I didn't know it was
a convention. I've been using Windows for what, a thousand years now and I
didn't know that. I guess there's always something new to learn. You gotta
love it.

Tom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbar...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Brian Kvalheim - [MVP]

Feb 27, 2002, 9:01:44 PM2/27/02
Good to hear! How about that beer at the summit this year? You owe me,
right? LOL

--
Brian Kvalheim
Email: mspub...@msn.com
Microsoft Publisher MVP

For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://www.mvps.org/publisher

Tom Serface (MVP)

Feb 28, 2002, 1:56:29 PM2/28/02
I am *so* there.

"Brian Kvalheim - [MVP]" <mspub...@msn.com> wrote in message

Brian Kvalheim - [MVP]

Feb 28, 2002, 2:40:54 PM2/28/02
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Let's drink up! Welcome to the Publisher newsgroup btw.
The MVP's are starting to visit this newsgroup in swarms!

--
Brian Kvalheim
Email: mspub...@msn.com
Microsoft Publisher MVP
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://www.mvps.org/publisher

"Tom Serface (MVP)" <tser...@msn.com> wrote in message

Tom Serface (MVP)

Feb 28, 2002, 4:17:25 PM2/28/02
You're welcome over in the MFC or C++ groups anytime as well :)

"Brian Kvalheim - [MVP]" <mspub...@msn.com> wrote in message

Brian Kvalheim - [MVP]

Feb 28, 2002, 4:18:13 PM2/28/02
Huh? :-)