Anybody have a school district board policy regarding web filtering?

Dave Niemeyer

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Hi, my name is Dave Niemeyer, the technology coordinator for Biggs Unified
School District in California.

I'm trying to find a school district policy regarding web filtering so that
we can adapt it for our district. We're going to probably use something
like Surfwatch Proxy filter or other service that will work with ms proxy.
The vendor has not been chosen yet. My boss, the superintendent, doesn't
want to adopt a service or software until we have a board policy in place.
I know it's sticky, messy territory due to legal restrictions, freedom of
speech issues, etc. But I would hope that school districts that have
adopted such services as web filtering have some sort of policy in place
already and have done their legal homework. If you have such a policy,
could you copy and mail or email the policy to me. If you have had
experience in this

If you can't find one, could you forward this email around and see if we
get a reply.

Thank you.

Dave Niemeyer
Technology Coordinator
Biggs High School
300 B Street
Biggs, CA 95917

(530) 868-5825
fax 868-1727

Dave Niemeyer

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
I forgot: When replying directly please remove the nospam from my address.

Dave Niemeyer <dnie...@nospammccormick.bcoe.butte.k12.ca.us> wrote in
article <01be29ef$58ba9ce0$7ad4...@lab1515.bcoe.butte.k12.ca.us>...

Scallsign

Jun 8, 2014, 5:16:57 PM6/8/14
Hi, this is Smith, I work with various schools across London, we recommend use of http://www.i-technosoft.co.uk/contentwatch/contentprotectpro to filter web content. For elearning there are additional ways to protect tablets iPads, Androids and Kindles.