How much is Lufthansa compensation?

James Carten

Dec 6, 2023, 5:57:50 AM12/6/23
How much is Lufthansa compensation?
If you were impacted by Lufthansa flight delays or cancellations, you might be eligible for compensation. Under certain circumstances, passengers can claim up to $700 (approximately €600) per person. This compensation is part of air passenger rights covered under European Union regulations, specifically EC 261.
Call Lufthansa customer service at +1 888 978-0366 or 516 738-4422 (No Waiting Time). This number can be used for a range of inquiries, including flight information, reservations, and customer service issues.
lufthansa compensation form - Step by Step
To submit a compensation request to Lufthansa due to flight delays, cancellations, or other issues, you will need to fill out their compensation form. Here's a general guide on how to proceed:
Access the Form: Visit Lufthansa's official website. Look for the 'Feedback' or 'Contact Us' section, which is typically found in the website's footer or under the 'Customer Service' menu.
Find the Right Category: Within the 'Feedback' or 'Contact Us' section, select the appropriate category for your claim, such as 'Flight Delays & Cancellations'.
Fill Out the Form: Provide all the requested details in the form. This usually includes your personal information, flight details (like flight number and date), and a description of your issue.
Attach Necessary Documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your claim. This could include boarding passes, flight confirmations, and any communication with Lufthansa regarding the delay or cancellation.
Submit the Form: After filling out all the necessary information and attaching your documents, submit the form.
Confirmation and Follow-up: Once submitted, you should receive a confirmation from Lufthansa. They may also contact you for additional information if needed.
To contact Lufthansa by phone number in the United States, you can call at 888 978-0366 or 516 738-4422. This number can be used for a range of inquiries, including flight information, reservations, and customer service issues.
How long does Lufthansa take to pay compensation?
Once we have received all the required documentation, we proceed as follows:
Eligibility: in the first 12 hours we proceed with the validation of the complaint through our Lufthansa flight monitoring systems
Legal: in the following 24 hours we proceed by advancing the file to the legal department to prepare the documentation against the company
Settlement: approximately 60/120 days for out-of-court settlement, during this time we will keep you updated on the progress
lufthansa compensation for delayed flight
If you experienced a delayed flight with Lufthansa, you might be eligible for compensation under certain conditions. The European Union Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 covers passenger rights for flights departing from or arriving in the EU with an EU-based airline like Lufthansa. Here’s a general overview of what you need to know:
Eligibility Criteria:
The flight must be delayed for more than three hours.
The delay must be under Lufthansa's control and not due to extraordinary circumstances (like extreme weather, political instability, or security risks).
Compensation Amount:
The compensation varies based on the flight distance:
Up to 1,500 km: €250 per passenger.
Between 1,500 km and 3,500 km: €400 per passenger.
More than 3,500 km: €600 per passenger.
How to Claim:
Visit Lufthansa’s official website and locate the 'Feedback' or 'Contact Us' section.
Choose the appropriate category for flight delays and fill in the compensation form.
Provide your flight details, personal information, and an explanation of the delay.
Attach relevant documents like boarding passes and flight confirmation.
Documentation:
Keep copies of all related flight documents and any correspondence with Lufthansa.
Response Time:
After submitting your claim, Lufthansa should respond within a reasonable timeframe. They may request additional information.
Seeking Assistance:
If you encounter difficulties or have questions, you can contact Lufthansa’s customer service for guidance.