What is the blue shading on the time fields?

Jason

May 7, 2007, 2:10:00 PM5/7/07
I created a schedule in Microsoft Project 2007. and when I finished it a few
tasks had their start/finish dates and durations in blue. Any idea what this
means?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Eric M. Zenz (MSFT)

May 7, 2007, 6:53:33 PM5/7/07
Hi Jason -

You're witnessing the new Change Highlighting feature in action. This
feature highlights changes you make as well as those made by the scheduling
engine. We built this feature to help users feel more comfortable with the
effects of scheduling. You can turn it off in the View menu if you're so
inclined.

Cheers,

Eric Zenz (MSFT)

"Jason" <Ja...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jayant Pant

Jan 12, 2010, 5:16:02 PM1/12/10
I was using MS Project 2003 and have upgraded to MS Project 2007 while
opening the old files the feature does not seems to be working for me. Can
someone please suggest how to get this work with old files.

Mike Glen

Jan 13, 2010, 5:16:25 AM1/13/10
Hi Jason,

Try opening the file in 2007 and then Save As... (perhaps identifying it by adding 2007 in the file name?).  Now open it again and make some changes.  It should work!

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

Jayant Pant

Jan 13, 2010, 1:38:01 PM1/13/10

That option did not work for me, can you please suggest further.

Thanks

Jayant

Mike Glen

Jan 13, 2010, 2:56:19 PM1/13/10
Hi Jayant,

No, I have no other simple suggestion.  Thus, we need to discover whether your project is at fault, whether it is Project at fault, or whether it's your PC.  Does the symptom occur with other projects on this PC?  Does it occur with this project on other PCs?  Does it occur with other projects on other PCs?

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP

Jayant Pant

Jan 14, 2010, 11:10:01 AM1/14/10
Hi Mike,

Actually the issue is occuring with all the projects that have been created
using MS Project 2003 and the issue is while opening the file on other system
aswell. While creating new projects the feature works absolutely fine.

Could this be due to compatibilty issues with files created in MS Project
2003 as the feature is introduced in MS Project 2007.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Thanks and Regards

Jayant Pant

Mike Glen

Jan 14, 2010, 2:41:12 PM1/14/10
Hmmmmm!  There is nothing I'm aware of that should stop the highlighting from working.

Try a brand new simple file in 2003 and see if that has the problem in 2007.

Try Save As... XML format and then reload in 2007.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Mike Glen
Project MVP

JulieS

Jan 14, 2010, 3:11:36 PM1/14/10
Hi Mike,

I couldn't repro this either. I asked the OP a couple of questions
which s/he has not replied to. The post I replied to is below:
----------------------

After selecting a different date in MS Project 2007 application the changes
made on that specific date were not highlighted in blue.

Selected the option Show Highlighting Value under View , Made changes to
background Colour and Font , Repair MS Project

I was using MS Project 2003 earlier

--------------------------
I am wondering if somehow the table has been corrupted, but try as I
might, I can't produce the same effect. Changing background color
doesn't seem to have any effect. My concern is the comment "after
selecting a different date" -- not sure what this means, but I rarely
like seeing it.

Julie

On 1/14/2010 2:41 PM, Mike Glen wrote:
> Hmmmmm! There is nothing I'm aware of that should stop the
> highlighting from working.
> Try a brand new simple file in 2003 and see if that has the problem in
> 2007.
> Try Save As... XML format and then reload in 2007.
> Anyone else got any ideas?
> Mike Glen
> Project MVP
>
> "Jayant Pant" <Jayan...@discussions.microsoft.com

> <mailto:Jayan...@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote in message

> <mailto:Jayan...@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> >
> > That option did not work for me, can you please suggest further.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jayant
> >
> > "Mike Glen" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Jason,
> > >
> > > Try opening the file in 2007 and then Save As... (perhaps
> identifying
> > it
> > > by adding 2007 in the file name?). Now open it again and make
> some
> > > changes. It should work!
> > >

> > > FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information
> can be
> > seen
> > > at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm
> > >
> > > Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)
> > >
> > > Mike Glen
> > > MS Project MVP
> > > See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials
> > >

> > > "Jayant Pant" <Jayan...@discussions.microsoft.com