I can't open any powerpoint files i download

asterias...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2012, 7:15:19 AM11/25/12
The reason is always like this:

The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation.

Please somebody help me to solve it.

Panic

Nov 25, 2012, 2:55:45 PM11/25/12
>wrote in message
Do you have the PowerPoint Viewer installed? Right click the PPT file and
choose Open With. Choose PPT viewer.

Panic

Jul 7, 2013, 2:51:29 PM7/7/13
wrote in message

Obviously they were corrupted, make use of how to fix powerpoint file
corrupt

This item http://www.fixcorruptedpowerpointfile.powerpointfix.com will aid
you to open powerpoint documents

Since you included the word "any" in your subject line I assume you have
tried to open numerous PPT files and they don't open. Do you have the
PowerPoint program on your computer or just the PPT reader? Perhaps the
wrong program is being used to try to open the files. Save one to your
desktop, right click it and choose "open with" to see what program is trying
to open it. If it's not your PPT program or reader change it..click a
checkmark in the "always use this program for this type file" and try to
open them again.

halfor...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 11:51:10 PM10/23/13
open file properties and click unblock button.

padma...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2014, 6:01:58 AM7/14/14
Sir,
I am unable to open my pptx.
I showing repair, ihave tried all the online solution to open but unable to open it.

So please its very important presentation for me.

So kindly requested to repair the file and make the file wok

Comment: show while opening my presentation
The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation.
please give some solution ASA.

Rambo

Jul 14, 2014, 5:49:42 PM7/14/14
padma...@gmail.com wrote, On 14/07/2014 12:01:
> Sir,
> I am unable to open my pptx.
> I showing repair, ihave tried all the online solution to open but unable to open it.

If you download a presentation ... i doubt that's "my pptx"

Perhaps your download aborted before the end of the download letting an
incomplete file.
Or may be the file is corrupted.

In the first case you can try downloading again.

But in the title you said that you cannot open ANY pptx files you download.
Perhaps your powerpoint is too old.

selva...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2014, 6:30:28 AM9/17/14

insomnia...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2014, 1:15:34 PM9/19/14
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:51:10 PM UTC-4, halfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> open file properties and click unblock button.

Yup! That simple fix did it for me, and I had the same problem (and the same fix) with WORD. Thanks!

matt.l...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2014, 2:31:14 PM9/25/14
I had the same problem. To fix, I went into....
File... Options... Trust Center... Trust Center Settings,
and they I unchecked "Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet"

Hopefully I am not exposing my computer to potential security threats, as it is warning me against that, but my anti-virus program should be taking care of that.

rick...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2014, 6:48:50 PM12/8/14
I have just got off the phone to microsoft with the answer.
I use Vista with Microsoft Office 2010
I could not open files downloaded by clicking on them without getting error message. I had to save then open Powerpoint 2010 then click open file search for file and then open.
Simple fix.
Open Powerpoint
Click File
Click options
Click Trust Centre
Click Trust Center Settings
Click Protected View
Untick first three boxes
and all is well for a merry Microsoft Xmas

kook...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2015, 4:06:55 PM3/13/15
Holy moly! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uzair...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2015, 5:15:11 AM4/29/15
iam getting this message when i open the PPT doc

Please help

eddie...@fn.com.my

Jul 8, 2015, 3:51:22 AM7/8/15
On Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 11:51:10 AM UTC+8, halfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> open file properties and click unblock button.

hi,
That's actually works but its not permanent solution.
Any permanent solution?

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the named addressee or if this e-mail has reached you by mistake, please notify the sender by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you should not disclose, copy, disseminate or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information. Any views expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Rambo

Jul 8, 2015, 5:55:46 PM7/8/15
eddie...@fn.com.my wrote on 08/07/2015 09:51:
> On Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 11:51:10 AM UTC+8, halfor...@gmail.com wrote:
>> open file properties and click unblock button.
> hi,
> That's actually works but its not permanent solution.
> Any permanent solution?

Yes, but then you will never been protected.

http://thehunk.blogspot.be/2012/04/stop-having-to-click-unblock-on-every.html

joe26...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2013, 7:43:43 AM7/7/13

kayer.je...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2014, 3:09:54 AM9/24/14
This Software takes few seconds to recover corrupt PowerPoint files and restores all data such as image, spreadsheet, text, graph and stored procedures from corrupt PowerPoint files.

Try:- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/powerpoint-file-recovery-tool.html

davidve...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2014, 3:07:47 AM10/14/14
If your file is truly corrupt, there are a number of things you can try to recover it. Firstly try a third-party recovery tool PowerPoint Repair softwaew.
You may download it on :- http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/powerpoint-recovery-software.html
use free demo version.

ahe...@memphismchs.org

Oct 1, 2015, 10:16:52 AM10/1/15
The problem is is that google slides has fonts that Microsoft doesn't support. So you have to change the font to something supported by both. For example, Arial font

shahnaz...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2015, 5:57:29 PM10/21/15
thanks this solved all the problems!

kiswah...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2015, 2:24:07 AM11/16/15
Thank you that worked !

rsre...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 10:20:17 AM1/12/16
WOW WOW WOW!!!! It works like a charm on PowerPoint 2013 as well! Thanks a million....you are a real life saver man!

pkop...@gmail.com

May 5, 2016, 10:57:04 AM5/5/16
Now a year and a half after you posted it -- this IS THE ANSWER.

This works 100% for me for Powerpoint 2010, downloading a Google Slides (as pptx file). Before, it was asking me to repair the file, then saying it can't open it after I do the next step.

Now -- OPENS RIGHT UP!

THANK YOU!

carolin...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2016, 10:22:19 PM6/30/16
Thanks!! This did the job!!

phuo...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2017, 9:51:40 PM6/10/17
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:51:10 PM UTC-4, halfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> open file properties and click unblock button.

Excellent ! Thank you Genius ! I have done it your way.

tmlu...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2017, 1:15:58 AM7/12/17
Finally! Seems counterintuitive but for me it worked!

alban...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2017, 10:52:36 AM7/31/17
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:51:10 PM UTC-4, halfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> open file properties and click unblock button.

This worked for me! I tried manually turning off my firewall and antivirus with no luck, but this solved my issue with the same error message as OP.

devarag...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 9:32:42 AM9/1/17
Thankyou sir/madam. Finally i can open my file.

pgp3...@iiml.ac.in

Oct 15, 2017, 12:52:56 PM10/15/17
Worked like a charm!
Thanks a lot!

h.ma...@gsmgroup.africa

Jan 3, 2018, 7:52:37 AM1/3/18
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikhile...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2018, 4:28:16 PM3/15/18
Thanks a lot!!! Worked for me!!!

death...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2018, 11:05:21 AM4/18/18
^^This worked for me also! Thank you!

jbrm...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2019, 5:46:31 AM4/6/19

eld...@uw.edu

Jun 19, 2019, 10:39:13 PM6/19/19
I got this same error message trying to open up a PowerPoint. I can open other PowerPoints and other Word files, but not a particular one. I tried following the instructions to turn off Protected View settings in the Trust Center, but it did not work!

> Open Powerpoint
> Click File
> Click options
> Click Trust Center
> Click Trust Center Settings
> Click Protected View
> Untick first three boxes

Does not work. Please help.

eld...@uw.edu

Jun 19, 2019, 10:40:49 PM6/19/19
This did not work for me. Anyone else have suggestions?

jayso...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2019, 1:11:04 PM12/21/19
On Thursday, 24 October 2013 11:51:10 UTC+8, halfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> open file properties and click unblock button.

Thanks, it works!!!

gop...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2020, 9:54:32 AM7/12/20
On Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 5:18:50 AM UTC+5:30, ric...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have just got off the phone to microsoft with the answer.
> I use Vista with Microsoft Office 2010
> I could not open files downloaded by clicking on them without getting error message. I had to save then open Powerpoint 2010 then click open file search for file and then open.
> Simple fix.
> Open Powerpoint
> Click File
> Click options
> Click Trust Centre
> Click Trust Center SettingsW
> Click Protected View
> Untick first three boxes
> and all is well for a merry Microsoft Xmas

Wowww Super amazing thanks

Lawrence Epstein

Sep 24, 2020, 9:37:29 AM9/24/20
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:51:10 PM UTC-4, halfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> open file properties and click unblock button.
Brilliant! Worked for me. I wonder if my antivirus software (Macafee) puts that block on the file. Google should really have a message pop up with that instruction when you download a file. Thanks!!

joe wahome

Oct 4, 2020, 3:50:48 AM10/4/20
On Friday, September 19, 2014 at 8:15:34 PM UTC+3, insomnia...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:51:10 PM UTC-4, halfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> > open file properties and click unblock button.
> Yup! That simple fix did it for me, and I had the same problem (and the same fix) with WORD. Thanks!
This worked for me too! Thankyou

joe wahome

Oct 4, 2020, 3:51:37 AM10/4/20
On Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 9:31:14 PM UTC+3, matt.l...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:15:19 AM UTC-5, asterias...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The reason is always like this:
> >

> > The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation.
> >

> > Please somebody help me to solve it.
> I had the same problem. To fix, I went into....
> File... Options... Trust Center... Trust Center Settings,
> and they I unchecked "Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet"
>
> Hopefully I am not exposing my computer to potential security threats, as it is warning me against that, but my anti-virus program should be taking care of that.
You're a life-saver! thankyou. This worked for me too. No more issues now.

Gavroche Store

Oct 18, 2020, 10:24:48 AM10/18/20
On Monday, July 14, 2014 at 5:01:58 PM UTC+7, padma...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sir,
> I am unable to open my pptx.
> I showing repair, ihave tried all the online solution to open but unable to open it.
>
> So please its very important presentation for me.
>
> So kindly requested to repair the file and make the file wok
>
> Comment: show while opening my presentation
> The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation.
> please give some solution ASA.
THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH!!!!