Locking a text box or image position on slide?

Natasha Jones

Aug 1, 2003, 7:47:07 AM8/1/03
Hello all. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to 'lock' the position of a
text box or image on a slide? I am setting up a company standard
presentation which will be added to over the months by other people, and the
text boxes must remain in the position I have placed them into, but the text
cannot be placed onto the master slides as it will need to change with each
slide.

Thanks in advance!
Natasha

Natasha Jones

Aug 1, 2003, 7:48:56 AM8/1/03
By the way, we have PPT2002.
Natasha

"Natasha Jones" <nkj...@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message

Adam Crowley

Aug 1, 2003, 8:10:48 AM8/1/03
No, the master is the only place that objects can be locked.
Don't worry...you'll soon get used to the fact that the people who add the
content to the presentations pay absolutely no attention whatever to any
rules and guidelines that you lay down...;)

"Natasha Jones" <nkj...@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message

Peter Vanbrussel

Aug 1, 2003, 10:28:51 AM8/1/03
Hi Natasha,

I'm strugling with the same issues and found that the only
way is to develope a template that runs an "events sink"
and verifies and corrects the position of a logo every
time the user saves the presentation. I just make sure
that they need to install an Add-in before they can see
anything of the presentations.
It does take some programing....

Regards,

Peter

>.

Steve Rindsberg

Aug 1, 2003, 10:43:08 AM8/1/03
Peter,

Have you visited http://www.mvps.org/skp (Shyam Pillai's site)?

Among the other riches there, you'll find very easy to use demo code for
handling events in a VBA addin.
For maintaining an object position, I suspect you might be able to trap the
Select event; when the selection changes from one of your immovable shapes
to something else, move the immovable shape back to where it belongs (ie, to
coordinates stored in a series of tags applied to the shape)

--

Steve Rindsberg PPT MVP
PPTLive ( http://www.pptlive.com ) Featured Speaker

"Peter Vanbrussel" <peter.va...@toyota-europe.com> wrote in message

mth...@gmail.com

May 18, 2020, 1:45:58 PM5/18/20
Hi, yes! Get everything that you want in place first. Then Select All and Copy it. Then take a screen shot. Open the screen shot in Paint. Select and Outline the section of the image you want. Paste that into Google Docs. Select All. Now Paste it into Google Drawings and it will be "locked" as a single piece. Resize as you like. If you send it to the back, you can move things around over the top of it, for example.